Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am thinking of seeing if i can get some free stuff from my dealer. if i get one i think i will offer a 1-2 week where he can keep it in his display area to draw people in. but no test drives. and any dammage or anything they have to fix.

·
Registered
670 Posts
After the wait?

After waiting all this time for her car the Solstice probably won't be in my own garage very much let alone the dealers showroom. My daughter once got a job at a golf tournament sitting in a convertable you would win for a hole in one and just had to wave all day. My wife will be waving to but you you better wave back fast cause it will not be there for long!

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
slowandlow said:
i am thinking of seeing if i can get some free stuff from my dealer. if i get one i think i will offer a 1-2 week where he can keep it in his display area to draw people in. but no test drives. and any dammage or anything they have to fix.

I have already made a similar agreement with my dealer, included letting in show the car (no test drive) when I have it at the office. Exact pirks havn't been worked out but I am thinking the big Solstice banners, the DVD and a few other things. I will find out today what kind of deal I am getting on the car.

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
As soon as the dealer is done prepping my Solstice, I will be driving it away. The few hundred bucks worth of accessories that they might offer me would not be worth going without my Solstice. But I live in NJ, and will be anxious to hit the roads while the weather is still agreeable.

Hey, maybe I can make a deal where I leave it at the showroom on rainy days and still get some perks? :lol:

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
Unfortunately I don't think my dealer's going to have trouble getting normal Solstice allocation to have on the floor not to long after the first 1000. Personally though getting some free stuff would be cool. Like GM Accesories, or at least have the installation cost waived.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Since I usually don't use my rider during the day when I am at work I will probably offer to leave it with the dealer with a big "KEEP YOUR GRIMMY HANDS OFF" sign. Since he is only a mile away its not a problem.

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
Hmm... that's not a bad idea...

I wouldn't mind them using my Solstice for a week or so in exchange for the Cat-back exhaust and other performance upgrades...

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
heck or if the dealer wants to gouge you on price i think a dealer would love to have 1 of these in their show room.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts