Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I understand the production will start late this week (7/21). Sequencing is going on right now for the first 350 of the 1K cars and the colors will be black, blue, and green. I consider the source rock solid.

·
Registered
905 Posts
That's good news, hopefully on Friday we'll see a mob of black, blue and green Solstice's in the parking lot :)

On a side note, I wonder why they're building green first? It can't be very popular.

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
Adrenaline said:
That's good news, hopefully on Friday we'll see a mob of black, blue and green Solstice's in the parking lot :)

On a side note, I wonder why they're building green first? It can't be very popular.
I dunno, green could be a popular color for a roadster. I have seen a lot of green Miatas over the years.

·
Registered
905 Posts
Maybe they're building a very popular color (black), a not so popular (blue) and an unpopular color (green)?

Then next week they'll do the same thing, a very popular color (sly), a not so popular (silver) and an unpopular color (white)?

Leaving only red to be built.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Based, on the people on this site. it is not that popular.

Sly seems to capture about 25% of the cars.

At 350 cars, they may be doing things in thirds. Sly may be a third in itself.

We all know they want to make sure things are right. And we know of at least
3 production weeks have been listed so far. 7/18 being the first.

Come on Sly, that's for me.

Based on the latest pic's for the red ones, sly was a better choice.

Later! :cool:

·
Registered
905 Posts
I wish I could change my vote as I switched from Sly to Mysterious about a week after ordering :)

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Andrew Jackson said:
Your colors are wrong
Cool is light silver
Sly is light gray
Not my colors, it's the person who started the poll.

Light grey is close to silver and "Gunmetal" is a darker grey.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Could have something to do with the paint process at the plant in that they seem to be doing the darkest colors first. Next, red and dark grey?

·
Registered
535 Posts
ateam_77 said:
I understand the production will start late this week (7/21). Sequencing is going on right now for the first 350 of the 1K cars and the colors will be black, blue, and green. I consider the source rock solid.

Just curious that GMlinedog indicated they started production last Monday. Boy I hate getting so much conflicting info. I wished GM would announce it and put us out of our misery. I also was under the impression that all colors were going to be run on the line at the same time. I didn't think they were going to batch but rather process according to order sequence. Now that is wrong! UGHHHHH :banghead:

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
CoolOne2006 said:
Just curious that GMlinedog indicated they started production last Monday. Boy I hate getting so much conflicting info. I wished GM would announce it and put us out of our misery. I also was under the impression that all colors were going to be run on the line at the same time. I didn't think they were going to batch but rather process according to order sequence. Now that is wrong! UGHHHHH :banghead:
I think this was mentioned in another thread, but it is possible that production of cars began last week, but those cars won't be considered "complete" until they pass some sort of final inspection.

I believe it has been implied that they would build a fair quantity of cars, and have someone higher up in GM bless off on them, before they are released for shipment.

Lets all hope this is the case, anyway. :)

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I was hoping myself that they would have a few hundred buit by now. One thing for sure is that time will tell what is right. If production had started last week I think we would have seen them sitting around.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Maybe they will need to build a couple copies of the first 1000 cars to make sure they pass inspection, and give us first 1000 buyers all the copies for waiting so long. :lol:

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
I think we have to take everything with a grain of salt until we hear official word. I'd hope (and guess) GM will issue a press release once production has started.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Adrenaline said:
Maybe they're building a very popular color (black), a not so popular (blue) and an unpopular color (green)?

Then next week they'll do the same thing, a very popular color (sly), a not so popular (silver) and an unpopular color (white)?

Leaving only red to be built.
hey..watch it. I ordered White.

I would like to categorize PURE (white) as a 'rare' consumer buy, and not unpopular.

thanks!

·
Registered
753 Posts
i have been told that on an assembly line the paint color can change as required and it's not necessary to run cars through with all the same colors. maybe a gmlinedog can set the record straight for me.

·
Registered
535 Posts
I am still betting they are not going to build just certain colors on certain days. That doesn't sound right from what I have read about GM manufacturing. So I am not sure that ateam's source is correct on that issue. We have heard about certain colors being first before. I did read somewhere, I wished I could remember where but it was a news source that said Wilmington was only shut down 1 week. So I am curious what they did last week. Does GM have any indoor storage for some cars?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts