Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just talked to my dealer and he said my car went from 4150 to 4B00.

Any one know what 4B00 is or do you think he is making a mistake and its 4800?

He did say that the area rep stopped by with a pre production car on Saturday and she stated that GM was having a problem setting up transportation of the cars.

·
Registered
158 Posts
He must mean 4200 - Shipped. The only one higher than that is 5000 - vehicle at dealer, and 6000 - vehicle delivered to customer.

·
Premium Member
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That would be nice. Maybe I'll have it for the week end.

Its only a 7 hrs drive for the truck driver.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Of course I could be wrong, but either way - good luck with yours. We will all have our Sols soon - I got my VIN last Friday and am waiting for delivery too.

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
No, 4B00 means your car has shipped, bayed, and on it's way to Lordstown more then likely.

I know cause I'm 4B00 also. :D

·
Premium Member
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It goes to Lordstown to head to New England? I thought it would just go on a carrier since its only a seven hour treck.

·
Registered
976 Posts
4B00 means "bayed". Your car is somewhere along the path in a bay waiting for minor repairs. Transit time and path always depend upon location of the dealership, but almost all ofthem have been going through lordstown first.

·
Premium Member
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
cadillacricket said:
4B00 means "bayed". Your car is somewhere along the path in a bay waiting for minor repairs. Transit time and path always depend upon location of the dealership, but almost all ofthem have been going through lordstown first.

Thanks again for the info CC!!!!!

Its not what I wanted to hear but I rather all the bugs are fixed before I get it.

Looks like it may be a while if they fix them as fast as they did the f1k's. :cryin:

·
Registered
976 Posts
Also, each vehicle has to be bayed at one point while it waits on the carrier, so there might not be any repairs at all. It may only be showing bayed because it goes into a holding area (bay) until it can be loaded onto a truck or train.

·
Premium Member
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well I can only hope its just waiting for a truck :crazy:

I check back with my dealer tomorrow to see if it updates.

My first cruz will be up through Vermont. Winding roads going through the mountains.

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
cadillacricket said:
Also, each vehicle has to be bayed at one point while it waits on the carrier, so there might not be any repairs at all. It may only be showing bayed because it goes into a holding area (bay) until it can be loaded onto a truck or train.
Phew! Scared me for a minute there (er, a few hours). So is there any way for one to determine if his/her car is simply bayed awaiting shipment or bayed for minor repairs? Mine has sat in bayed status since Sept 15th, and when you checked on it for me this AM is was still bayed. Of course I'm not asking you for a crystal ball answer. My magic 8-ball tells me to "ask again later"... so does my dealer :lol:

·
Registered
976 Posts
2KWK4U said:
Phew! Scared me for a minute there (er, a few hours). So is there any way for one to determine if his/her car is simply bayed awaiting shipment or bayed for minor repairs? Mine has sat in bayed status since Sept 15th, and when you checked on it for me this AM is was still bayed. Of course I'm not asking you for a crystal ball answer. My magic 8-ball tells me to "ask again later"... so does my dealer :lol:

Sorry for the half truth earlier. Didn't think of the flip side of the coin. I will try to be less speculative.

Bayed could mean all of these things, but there is no way for us, "the publis commonus" or whatever, to find out.

Only YOUR ORDERING dealer can get that info. And even then only if they want to. But i do think things are gonna pick up. Bob Lutz has the ace on this one, and he is watching out for the right people. He cares about us! I think.....

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
the problem is there are about 1300 cars in bay status (my guesstimate) and its going to take a month to get enough car carriers to load them and ship out! :brentil:

·
Registered
233 Posts
cadillacricket said:
Sorry for the half truth earlier. Didn't think of the flip side of the coin. I will try to be less speculative.

Bayed could mean all of these things, but there is no way for us, "the publis commonus" or whatever, to find out.

Only YOUR ORDERING dealer can get that info. And even then only if they want to. But i do think things are gonna pick up. Bob Lutz has the ace on this one, and he is watching out for the right people. He cares about us! I think.....
Well I feel terribly neglected. Haven't heard from my dealer in over 2 weeks. No one seems to know where 131 is.......Had my Vin # since August 4th, shipped out on a train the 5th, landed in Birmingham the 22nd, held for a week and then recalled back to the plant in Delaware. GM Headquarters did call me a couple of weeks ago to ask if I had received my car. :cuss: Obviously I don't know the right people........Any suggestions CC?

·
Registered
976 Posts
mssleepr said:
Well I feel terribly neglected. Haven't heard from my dealer in over 2 weeks. No one seems to know where 131 is.......Had my Vin # since August 4th, shipped out on a train the 5th, landed in Birmingham the 22nd, held for a week and then recalled back to the plant in Delaware. GM Headquarters did call me a couple of weeks ago to ask if I had received my car. :cuss: Obviously I don't know the right people........Any suggestions CC?

I was with ya until you said that GM headquarters called you. If it was GM I would be frightened. If it was Solstice HQ that wouldn't be as bad.

Don't let me frighten you, your so close to your car..... Here is what I suggest. And please dont quote me "GO TO YOUR DEALER, don't call. And ask very politely if they would call Dealer Business Center. They go through the prompts, and it leads you right to vehicle tracking. A nice lady comes on the phone ,and she will give your dealer every bit of information that is available on that car, down to the day." It's not perfect, but it works pretty good, and I think you have cause for mild concern.

·
Registered
233 Posts
cadillacricket said:
I was with ya until you said that GM headquarters called you. If it was GM I would be frightened. If it was Solstice HQ that wouldn't be as bad.

Don't let me frighten you, your so close to your car..... Here is what I suggest. And please dont quote me "GO TO YOUR DEALER, don't call. And ask very politely if they would call Dealer Business Center. They go through the prompts, and it leads you right to vehicle tracking. A nice lady comes on the phone ,and she will give your dealer every bit of information that is available on that car, down to the day." It's not perfect, but it works pretty good, and I think you have cause for mild concern.
Thanks CC. I'll go to my dealer tomorrow and hope for a miracle. The last time that I talked with him he told me that the DBC wasn't telling him anything either, so he advised me to call them. When I called them, they were very nice but told me that they didn't know anything and that I needed to talk to my dealer. This run around has been going on for quite a while now. :yesnod:

·
Registered
976 Posts
mssleepr said:
Thanks CC. I'll go to my dealer tomorrow and hope for a miracle. The last time that I talked with him he told me that the DBC wasn't telling him anything either, so he advised me to call them. When I called them, they were very nice but told me that they didn't know anything and that I needed to talk to my dealer. This run around has been going on for quite a while now. :yesnod:
Remember to make it a happy visit. Make sure that the dealer rep is happy when they call DBC. And be patient with DBC, cause you might be on hold a while. Good luck.

·
Registered
233 Posts
cadillacricket said:
Remember to make it a happy visit. Make sure that the dealer rep is happy when they call DBC. And be patient with DBC, cause you might be on hold a while. Good luck.
Will do... :) My happy face is on..... :D Thanks again.

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
todd_raleigh said:
the problem is there are about 1300 cars in bay status (my guesstimate) and its going to take a month to get enough car carriers to load them and ship out! :brentil:
Actually I only think maybe 600 cars are in the bay status at most. Production cars started after something like 100700 and I haven't seen many people past your VIN todd_raleigh in 4B00.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
i may have mis-stated the number in bay, but they are up to vin #2001. so, about 1300 made and not shipped...estimated...most are probably in bay. i would think that's a lot of cars..6-8 cars per carrier if going by truck. 2 or 3 per rail car? so lets say 50/50 distribution of truck/rail transport. 650 via truck/650 via rail that need to get out of there soon. 80-110 trucks and 210-325 rail cars needed. quite a lot in my opinion...but then again, i'm not knowledgeable on car transport logistics. i see alot of solstices in the wilmington pictures, but no trucks or rail cars to transport them to the dealers.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts