Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the next step? When is the next set of EOP guidelines from GM expected? There is tooooo much speculation taking place regarding the current EOP. It would also sure be nice for everyone concerned to have answers to many of the good, but unanswered question at this site. Many of us who have written commitments and/or deposits are patiently waiting for a clarification of "first come , first served". If I'm not mistaken, there is a GM meeting set for April 6th? to finalize the rules. If that is true, we can all sit and relax and wait until the 7th because nothing authoritative will come down until that time.
*A special thanks to "small dealer" for his (or hers) thorough and patience responses.
 

·
Senior Member
Joined
·
5,641 Posts
April 6th is a product info broadcast for salespeople over GM's satellite network. Actually will include info on the upcomming Torrent also.

The EOP rules have been arrived at dealers as expected on the 29th. Don't have them in front of me now though. There is one major difference from what has been discussed this month, MSRP in now strongly encouraged not required as first thought.

There is really no referance (or guidance) as to how the dealer should prioritize their buyers (if they have more then one interested). All that is really required is that the potential EOP buyer gets their id number from the Apprentice site when it opens the night of the 14th. The rules say that the buyer needs to bring it to the dealer on the 15th. While Pontiac had asked dealers not to "pre-sell" the potential EOP spots, there is actually nothing in the rules that say they can't.

Keep in mind, part of what Pontiac was trying to do was create an event. That is why they request that we do not put up the posters and banners until after we close on the 14th. So everything pops on the 15th. I am sure that some dealers will plan things in their showroom for the 15th, just to keep the buyers occupied until 2:00:01 pm EST. And I am sure there will be press coverage (although it will be lost in the Tax Day stories).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,312 Posts
Hey Small Dealer. I Called my dealer today and he had a package on his desk that came in today about the Solstice but he hadn't opened it yet. This was at 3:30PM central. I was going to run over and open it for him but I thought that might be a little forward barging into his office and diving on to his desk and ripping it apart! Did you get something similar, and please tell, WAS IT THE PROMO DVD?????????????????

Patiently awaiting your response :grouphug:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,901 Posts
Hmmm Small Dealer has mentioned another thing that's going to help me get an Apprentice 1000 car. It's tax day. Millions of people who slacked off will be trying to mail out their tax returns. But since I did mine back in Feb I'll be free of this burden. :D

Unfoprtunately I don't think April 15th was the best choice of days for GM to choose.
 

·
Senior Member
Joined
·
5,641 Posts
PAS22 said:
Hey Small Dealer. I Called my dealer today and he had a package on his desk that came in today about the Solstice but he hadn't opened it yet. This was at 3:30PM central. I was going to run over and open it for him but I thought that might be a little forward barging into his office and diving on to his desk and ripping it apart! Did you get something similar, and please tell, WAS IT THE PROMO DVD?????????????????

Patiently awaiting your response :grouphug:
Didn't get anything today. I suppose it could be the April 4th package he received. But that might be larger then he would keep on his desk. Should have posters, car toppers, pins, pocket cards, and the DVD. (Banners shipping seperate) Might just be the EOP rules package from the 29th, still sitting there.
 

·
Senior Member
Joined
·
5,641 Posts
brentil said:
Hmmm Small Dealer has mentioned another thing that's going to help me get an Apprentice 1000 car. It's tax day. Millions of people who slacked off will be trying to mail out their tax returns. But since I did mine back in Feb I'll be free of this burden. :D

Unfoprtunately I don't think April 15th was the best choice of days for GM to choose.

That is why Pontiac picked 2:00PM. Still have 7 hours to start and do your taxes before the Post Office closes at 9PM. ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
338 Posts
PAS22 said:
Hey Small Dealer. I Called my dealer today and he had a package on his desk that came in today about the Solstice but he hadn't opened it yet. This was at 3:30PM central. I was going to run over and open it for him but I thought that might be a little forward barging into his office and diving on to his desk and ripping it apart! Did you get something similar, and please tell, WAS IT THE PROMO DVD?????????????????

Patiently awaiting your response :grouphug:
Mostly what was in the packet was a series of redundant brochures, explaining the EOP, the EOP kit, key deadlines and dates, etc., etc. No promo DVD yet, wait until after the APR 4. There was login information, how to enter the VOM & unique ID, how to verify registrant, and a very vague statement regarding eligibility, but I still stand by my interpretation that if you work for GM, a GM dealership, or live in the same house and/or are closely related to the aforementioned persons, or are a supplier of vehicle parts directly associated with GM vehicles, an advertising or media agency associated with GM, then you are exempt from the EOP. Believe me, my explanation is much more clear than theirs's. :lol:

If I can pull it off, I may have a surprise, if you (and our system,) can handle the bandwith. It's been said that the DVD is to be put on the showroom and looped for customers to watch. I see no reason why I can't legally copy it to my computer, and upload it. It's prolly like a 20-25 minute video, and may be interactive. If nothing else, I'll make the folding top operation my avatar to appease the masses, and capture some screenshots. Maybe jsut upload the performance segment. If Troy or S-man would let me know if the site can handle that type of dedicated space, that would prolly help, too. No promises, except I'll try. GM breaks down launch DVD's into 5 segments. Comfort and Convenience, Performance, Safety, and I forget the other 2 right now, been a long day. But anyway, I'll put up what I can.

Steve
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
338 Posts
Small Dealer said:
That is why Pontiac picked 2:00PM. Still have 7 hours to start and do your taxes before the Post Office closes at 9PM. ;)
Are you still up, don't you have a sales meeting tomorrow at like 8? :yawn:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,312 Posts
conejo148 said:
Mostly what was in the packet was a series of redundant brochures, explaining the EOP, the EOP kit, key deadlines and dates, etc., etc. No promo DVD yet, wait until after the APR 4. There was login information, how to enter the VOM & unique ID, how to verify registrant, and a very vague statement regarding eligibility, but I still stand by my interpretation that if you work for GM, a GM dealership, or live in the same house and/or are closely related to the aforementioned persons, or are a supplier of vehicle parts directly associated with GM vehicles, an advertising or media agency associated with GM, then you are exempt from the EOP. Believe me, my explanation is much more clear than theirs's. :lol:

If I can pull it off, I may have a surprise, if you (and our system,) can handle the bandwith. It's been said that the DVD is to be put on the showroom and looped for customers to watch. I see no reason why I can't legally copy it to my computer, and upload it. It's prolly like a 20-25 minute video, and may be interactive. If nothing else, I'll make the folding top operation my avatar to appease the masses, and capture some screenshots. Maybe jsut upload the performance segment. If Troy or S-man would let me know if the site can handle that type of dedicated space, that would prolly help, too. No promises, except I'll try. GM breaks down launch DVD's into 5 segments. Comfort and Convenience, Performance, Safety, and I forget the other 2 right now, been a long day. But anyway, I'll put up what I can.

Steve
Some of us do not have PC's capable of loading long stream videos (brief segments maybe). Perhaps another thought would be to post stills from each segment, not as affective, not you would reach more readers. I'm am going to see if my dealer can make a copy of the DVD so at least I can play it at home.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
670 Posts
Tax - Solstice day!

Here in Florida we have post offices open till midnight for the really lame tax senders! But I to did mine (or my secretary/appointment coordinator/accountant/wife/Solstice owner) in Feb. also. Glad because she would be really busy that day. She already told the GM at our dealership she will be bringing him lunch on the 15th and he will not be out of her sight till after 2PM.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,312 Posts
brian carpenter said:
Here in Florida we have post offices open till midnight for the really lame tax senders! But I to did mine (or my secretary/appointment coordinator/accountant/wife/Solstice owner) in Feb. also. Glad because she would be really busy that day. She already told the GM at our dealership she will be bringing him lunch on the 15th and he will not be out of her sight till after 2PM.

Maybe consider chaining him to his desk so you can keep an I on him while you wait for the 2PM countdown.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,512 Posts
brentil said:
It's tax day. Millions of people who slacked off will be trying to mail out their tax returns.

Unfoprtunately I don't think April 15th was the best choice of days for GM to choose.
Wait until April 15th to do my taxes? No way. Where do you think the $1,000 my dealer wanted for a deposit came from? I had my taxes submitted by mid-February, and was at my Pontiac Dealer leaving a deposit as soon as my refund arrived!
 

·
Senior Member
Joined
·
5,641 Posts
dengel said:
Wait until April 15th to do my taxes? No way. Where do you think the $1,000 my dealer wanted for a deposit came from? I had my taxes submitted by mid-February, and was at my Pontiac Dealer leaving a deposit as soon as my refund arrived!
Good for you. We usually have to wait until March for GM to issue corrected 1099s to start putting ours together. Well not always March, there was the time the 1099 came in May.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,901 Posts
PAS22 said:
Some of us do not have PC's capable of loading long stream videos (brief segments maybe). Perhaps another thought would be to post stills from each segment, not as affective, not you would reach more readers. I'm am going to see if my dealer can make a copy of the DVD so at least I can play it at home.
It can be re-encoded as a different type of file. Specificaly some time of streaming capable file like windows media.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,961 Posts
If you put it in a sub-100MB .wmv, I will host it on my personal home-run server http://www.fortimir.com.

Download speeds will be poor since everyone will be getting it, but just let it run over-night and you all will have it.

Just let me know guys.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,206 Posts
For the top operation video, I was thinking of several key screen grabs, rather than a hi-res video, or streaming (streaming tends to eat buttloads of bandwith AND many employers have most of the streaming blocked at the firewall, not to mention those of us unfortunate enough to still be on 56K).
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,901 Posts
As Fortimir said, if we can just get the top up/down video and it's small I can host it as well. I've got 5gb/day bandwidth.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,691 Posts
solsticeman said:
For the top operation video, I was thinking of several key screen grabs, rather than a hi-res video, or streaming (streaming tends to eat buttloads of bandwith AND many employers have most of the streaming blocked at the firewall, not to mention those of us unfortunate enough to still be on 56K).
Solman, there is a whole new category of sattelite network going up with secure high speed up and download for areas of teh country like yours. It is supposed to be cheaper and faster than DSL either phone or cable. All I know is a radio ad person that used to call on me was telling me about her new job and the technology behind it. Bad part is you or someone out there has to start up an infrastructure behind it. Right now its in western NY and apparently heading west.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
338 Posts
Fortimir said:
If you put it in a sub-100MB .wmv, I will host it on my personal home-run server http://www.fortimir.com.

Download speeds will be poor since everyone will be getting it, but just let it run over-night and you all will have it.

Just let me know guys.
+

Hey,

Check your pm, I don't want to get myself in trouble.

Steve
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,312 Posts
conejo148 said:
+

Hey,

Check your pm, I don't want to get myself in trouble.

Steve

Like may delaers comments about copying the DVD, why would GM car its a PORMOTIONAL video the more out there the more cars they might sell!
 
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Top