Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to open up and paint the rear diffuser panel on my Sly '07 like the original Solstice concept car this winter. It's one of the popular Mods done back in the day when our cars were first launched and nothing was available yet on the aftermarket.

Another question, was there ever a chrome bezel made for our backup lamps?

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Years ago and far far away. there was a spray can that I used to repaint my 69 Camaro grille. The color was argent. Don't know if it's still out there or if it's the exact color you're looking for. :jm2c:

·
Premium Member
2,212 Posts
I bought some silver metallic a while back and I think that would look great. I think it was a Toyota color. I used it to paint the center caps for my other car. basically just go to the autoparts and select the one you want. I have had great luck with duplicolor and as long as you prep the surface properly, it will last a long time.

·
Registered
204 Posts
I have noticed that the front silver grill is basically a silver sparkle metallic. Instead of going to a straight metallic I decided to use an enamel Rustoleum with the color aluminum. Its funny because the top of the can is a sparkle metallic and the actual finish when sprayed has no sparkle at all which is what I wanted. It makes the front grill look like its made of aluminum and looks really nice. I highly recommend it. Btw I bought it at the home depot and it is basically the same shade as the stock silver color so it looks like it came factory.

·
Premium Member
2,212 Posts
I have a can of that stuff in my garage and have use it on small projects. very good stuff.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.