Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've seen the speedo/tach is red when lit up, but are the other lights red like other pontiacs too?

Anyone have a pic?

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
That would be really cool. My wifes RSX has the red lights inside and they're pretty snazy. I love the blue you find on some VW's too. Unfortunately I don't know of any night time images of the dash besides the speedo/tach ones we've seen.

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
In a previous thread started by brentil, http://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2341&page=1 , there are pictures of the three stereo options. They are not illuminated, but in two of the pictures, the display screen appears to have a red background color to it. This may indicate the stereo display will be in red (at least I hope so).

Reposting the photos here so that you don't have to go to the other thread.

Attachments

·
Registered
132 Posts
1983 Pontiac

My very first Pontiac, a 1983 Pontiac 2000, had red dash and gauge lights. Didn't know it until my car was delivered (I ordered it), drove it all evening until it got dark, turned on the lights, and WOW, that's cool! I have actually been wondering the same thing myself, kind of planning on surprising myself the same way. Maybe I'll stop reading this thread so I can at least have one surprise.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Dear Pontiac, PLEASE make the radio and dash lights the same color. Preferably BLUE or RED. Please do not go for the lousy Orange as in my CTS. See comment on the Mustang.

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
bcbriggs said:
Dear Pontiac, PLEASE make the radio and dash lights the same color. Preferably BLUE or RED. Please do not go for the lousy Orange as in my CTS. See comment on the Mustang.
I don't think you have to worry. Pontiac has used red for a LONG time on the dash, and they have been color keying the radio faces for over a decade too.

In fact, I love the G6 interior when it is lit up. Not only the dash and radio, but all the accessory buttons, on the steering wheel, on the doors! :thumbs: It looks really slick in red!

What I really hate is some of the toyota's, The Celica comes to mind, where the dash is orange, the radio is green, and the climate controls are a third color somewhere in between. :willy:

·
Premium Member
5,206 Posts
Fformula88 said:
I don't think you have to worry. Pontiac has used red for a LONG time on the dash, and they have been color keying the radio faces for over a decade too.

In fact, I love the G6 interior when it is lit up. Not only the dash and radio, but all the accessory buttons, on the steering wheel, on the doors! :thumbs: It looks really slick in red!

What I really hate is some of the toyota's, The Celica comes to mind, where the dash is orange, the radio is green, and the climate controls are a third color somewhere in between. :willy:
Ff88 - that is provided the occupants can see the radio controls in red during daylight with the top down. If something like that became an issue, I could see lettering change colors just for visibility.

Just a thought.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
I wonder if the power window/door lock buttons will be illiminated (hopefully in red). Sound GM vehicles they are and others not.

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
solsticeman said:
Ff88 - that is provided the occupants can see the radio controls in red during daylight with the top down. If something like that became an issue, I could see lettering change colors just for visibility.

Just a thought.
That is true. I never thought of visibility problems with the colors. However, didn't the Firebird and Sunfire convertables retain a red readout for the radios?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts