Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know it is a ways away, but what is the first thing you plan on doing when you get your solstice. Personaly, I plan on taking a nice long ride through southern wisconsin. While it may not be the most twisty and exciting roads in america it is the best that can be done around Chicago. So I pose the questin to you, what is the first thing you are going to do with your solstice?

·
Registered
91 Posts
Show Off

I will drive it to northern Calif. and show it off to my brother-in-law who has a '03 GT Mustang convertible. :seeya

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
Depends on where I'm at. If my timing is right, I could be stationed back in Monterey, CA. PCH down to Big Sur and back sounds like a nice first ride. Used to do that one pretty much every Sunday on a GSX-R, and it was bliss. If I'm still here, I'll have to take it down to Deals Gap in North Carolina very soon after purchase.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Go take my grandpa for a ride and then show it to my uncle who currently owns a 2002 Miata and has owned several British roadsters.

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
Take it home and wash n wax it. Then plan a trip to Southern California to show my friends and family. I'll follow PCH as long as my wife can stand the curves and then switch to 101.

·
Registered
281 Posts
after a general inspection verification that the dealer hasnt touched it with a buffer, stuck anything with their name on it, or removed any of the paint/interior protection, i will take it home. it will be washed and claybar'd, but no wax for a couple of months.

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
I am going to drive the snot out of the car! I will be all over with it and have a ton of miles on it by the end of the first week I have it. I tend to be like this with any car I get, but especially a drivers car like a Solstice!! I'll take it down some of my favorite twisty roads in the area. They are not that great, but can be entertaining anyway. Cruise it around to show people I know. Who wouldn't want to show off a little with a new roadster? :smile

·
Registered
151 Posts
Brian said:
I know it is a ways away, but what is the first thing you plan on doing when you get your solstice. Personaly, I plan on taking a nice long ride through southern wisconsin. While it may not be the most twisty and exciting roads in america it is the best that can be done around Chicago. So I pose the questin to you, what is the first thing you are going to do with your solstice?

you're right, southern wisconsin doesn't have the most twisty roads, but they are fun to drive.

im going to take mine up to the dells at drive those roads!

then im going to drive it down to ohio and get a ls1 dropped into it (hopefully)

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
I'm going to remove the Pontiac nose emblem, and black out the grill panels. Then I'm going to drive it by my last employers office while hanging my naked fanny over the top of the door.

·
Registered
281 Posts
MaKaVeLi said:
how much hp would be over kill for this car..?? 400+ or how much could u put in a car like this
unknown at this point. "overkill", to me at least, is the point at which you can no longer apply the power you have to the ground effectively. that point can always move up though, with suspension and chassis changes. but then, the car becomes more specialized, like drag-only.

a 3000lb car with 400whp would be in the low 11s in the 1/4. :cheers

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
How much power is too much?
How much wealth is too much?
How much love is too much?
How much "whatever" is too much?
Although there are those that say you can never have too much, I'd like to push the limits and prove them wrong. Now that would be a fun experiment! :thumbs

·
Registered
21 Posts
I am going to break in the engine and once that is done i will change the oil . After that i am going to drive it on a curvy road by my house at atleast 100mph.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts