Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is a small, round button / knob that stands by itsself between the stick shift and the radio. What is it for? On/Off for the radio? Radio volume? Or :confused

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
I'm thinking it's a cigarette lighter/power drop. You need some place to plug in your cell phone or radar detector, right?

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts

The only thing I can see, at least in this close up pic, is a knob on the stereo. Is that what you are referring to?

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
That pic I posted I believe is either an earlier design study or a clay model of the Solstice Prototype, and that later photos that show a small round spot right in front of the gear shift are a closer to production rendering. I too believe it is a powerpoint.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
FF88, I would like to respond by showing you the source photo for my question. It (the photo) is one of fourteen high-resolution (and another fourteen low-resolution photos) that come with the Solstice Press Kit (referred to in another thread).

However, I can not figure out how to include the photo(s) in my "Reply to Thread" post. Please advise.

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
hoffman said:
FF88, I would like to respond by showing you the source photo for my question. It (the photo) is one of fourteen high-resolution (and another fourteen low-resolution photos) that come with the Solstice Press Kit (referred to in another thread).

However, I can not figure out how to include the photo(s) in my "Reply to Thread" post. Please advise.
Do you have the images hosted online? If so, simply put in the web address of the photo directly in your post surrounded by
tags. It would look like this:

If you have them on your comp, you want to select the button labeled "manage attachments" in the "Additional Options" section of the reply to thread screen. Once you select that, a new window comes up with a few identical "Browse" buttons. Click one, locate the pic on your hard drive, and hit the upload button. It should load the pic to the forum and put it in your reply once you hit "Submit Reply." There might be a file size limitation on it, but I am not sure off the top of my head.

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
Fformula88 said:
Thats the shot I was thinking about in my later posts. That round object sure looks like a probably powerpoint to me.
Yeah, it looks like a power connector/cigarte lighter.

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
I still think it looks like a power point of some sort. Maybe it looks like a button because they have a cigarette lighter in it. It could also just be a normal power point cap. Its also in a logical spot for a power point.

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
Fformula88 said:
I still think it looks like a power point of some sort. Maybe it looks like a button because they have a cigarette lighter in it. It could also just be a normal power point cap. Its also in a logical spot for a power point.
Yeah, I agree. It looks like the cigarette lighter itself, or some sort of cover that goes in the power port.

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
Here's a nice-n-close pic, cropped from the high res images that come on the press kit CD. It still doesn't really resolve anything. If anything, it looks more like a knob the closer you get to it. But since there's no icon silk-screened on it, I'm going to assume it's some sort of plug that's just there to cover up the unsightly power port.

Attachments

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
Thanks for the blow up. It does look like it could be a knob, but no indication on what it would be? All the other buttons and knobs of the interior appear to be labeled. I wonder why it isn’t, whether it’s a knob, button, or powerpoint.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts