Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know there has been some discussion on the wheel options here, but I'm curious about something. I've noticed that almost all of the pics posted here, as well as the majority put out by Pontiac, are showing the polished aluminum wheels on the car. I just spoke with my dealer (tried to add them on my order) and they indicated that Pontiac won't be offering them as an option until at least January! Apparently, I'll have to take the painted rims and pay extra later to buy the polished rims outright!! :brentil:

Is Pontiac just trying to torture us by showing options we can't as of yet order?! I also don't understand, if they have them to put on these early vehicles, why can't we order them now?

I really like the look of the polished rim with the black/mysterious I ordered. I'm bummed cause I'd rather pay the $500 off the top instead of $300-400 apiece later. :(

Any of you dealers out there have an explantion for the hold up? I'd appreciate it.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I would suggest you talk to your dealer again. There are currently two options. Painted or Polished Aluminum. The Polished "chrome" wheels are the ones that have been delayed a bit.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! I'll try again and let ya know.

·
Registered
254 Posts
I thought that it was the Chrome plated wheel option that was delayed.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Definately go and have your dealer try to input the order update again. I'm getting polished wheels and it says so in the system. Good Luck!

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
YES! That was the fastest answer I've had to date.

I spoke to a manager at the dealership and he confirmed your info dlent.
He said the salesperson was probably "confused". He offered to make the addition himself.

Thanks again - it's a lot easier when you're armed with the correct info!

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
mikefred1952 said:
Definately go and have your dealer try to input the order update again. I'm getting polished wheels and it says so in the system. Good Luck!
:agree: Same on my order.

·
Registered
57 Posts
SD SOL.....That's GREAT. Glad to be of help. This forum is a great place for information and advice. Hope you get your car with everthing you want on it. :)

·
Registered
57 Posts
solsticeman said:
That's funny! I am pretty sure that Josh had mentioned that his dealer MADE him get the polished wheels, or told him that neither the chrome nor painted were available.
Ok...you got me....Who is Josh? :)

·
Registered
251 Posts
At time of order, was told POLISHED was best I could get, and CHROME would come out late in Summer or Fall...My order is for POLISHED, later heard CHROME is delayed till Winter.. :(

Can anyone confirm?? :willy:

·
Premium Member
5,206 Posts
SOL MIO said:
At time of order, was told POLISHED was best I could get, and CHROME would come out late in Summer or Fall...My order is for POLISHED, later heard CHROME is delayed till Winter.. :(

Can anyone confirm?? :willy:
Think you heard correctly.

·
Registered
201 Posts
solsticeman said:
Think you heard correctly.
I thought the polished aluminum was delayed until september??? :willy:

·
Registered
201 Posts
sight unseen said:
I thought the polished aluminum was delayed until september??? :willy:
http://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1500&highlight=Aluminum+september

According to this pontiac spec sheet, polished in September...chrome (who knows)...

I left this off my option package becasue I assumed they wouldn't build it until the wheels were in Delaware...

I need my built waaaaay before sept... :cool:

If this was a bad assumption...somebody let me know...actually I probably don't need to encourage that on this board :lol:

·
Registered
1 Posts
I may be reading this wrong, but the spec sheet clearly states polished aluminum is available with the chrome aluminum in Sept.

Just my 2 cents.

·
Premium Member
10,464 Posts
sight unseen said:
http://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1500&highlight=Aluminum+september

According to this pontiac spec sheet, polished in September...chrome (who knows)...

I left this off my option package becasue I assumed they wouldn't build it until the wheels were in Delaware...

I need my built waaaaay before sept... :cool:

If this was a bad assumption...somebody let me know...actually I probably don't need to encourage that on this board :lol:
Yes, bad assumption polish wheels can be order now, ONLY the chrome wheels are for September.

·
Premium Member
5,206 Posts
Not to mention that all the pics that Delaware Buddy and 2KWK4U posted are cars that are equipped with polished wheels.

Don't confuse them - there are THREE wheels,

Painted (available now)
Polished +$495 (available now)
Chromed, +$??? (available september)

·
Registered
120 Posts
bigjon

Ref the chrome wheels. Isn't it interesting that the G6 has basically the same wheels and they can be ordered in chrome.

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
According to Pontiac.com and GM Dealer World there's only painted and polished wheels for the 18" rims. You can get 17" chrome though. The 18" G6 look very much like the Solstice, but when seen on the videos they do look different kinda.

Here's a good comparison of painted vs polished wheels too.
1st = G6 pained 18"
2nd = G6 polished 18"
Top = Solstice polished 18"

Attachments

1 - 20 of 23 Posts