Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

What's your opinion on winter storage?

8K views 31 replies 27 participants last post by  typhoon 
#1 · (Edited)
I got the Sol. sitting in the garage. Full tank of gas, Stabil in the gas, a bottle of dry gas also.

All waxed, and covered with a soft cloth cover.

I paid 19 bucks at Walmart and bought the Schumacher battery companion.

It has the auto float mode, and lights that show charging and float mode. It says it will not overcharge the battery. real easy to hook up.

All 4 tires sitting on rubber mats.

Now, Some people suggest starting the car once a month and some people tell me not to start it till next spring. The battery will be ok with the auto charger.

I have read all the posts from all over the internet. Some say do some say don't!

To start or not to start?? That is the Question. Any advice would be appreciated. Mitch

#31 ·
One thing that should also be mentioned about winter storage. Mice!

Mice love to winter over in your garage, and for some odd reason will set up shop in the air filter boxes. So to prevent this problem I leave mouse bait all around the garage (far away from a dog/child's reach). Some folks leave moth balls in a muslin bag in the air filter housing to keep them out.

I do a visual check of the air filter housings on all my vehicles as part of getting them ready for warm weather use. This includes my motorcycle, and yard tractors.

#32 ·
Just keep the mice out of the garage. Problem solved!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.