Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi, I was wondering if somebody could help me figure out, if these wheels would fit without the rim sticking out the fenders?
I have to get a 1" spacer because it is a 114.3 instead of our stock 110. I don't know much about wheels, but enough to know what offset means.

Now, they offer another wheel size which is the 18x8 +43 Offset (Plus the 1" spacer) Would this be a better option?
If so, what tires size would be best? I am trying to keep front and back the same. I like the look of thiner tires. (not width)

These are the wheels.

·
AKA SolWhat?
10,607 Posts
Your first wheel, with the spacer, will move the outside edge of the wheel 2.25 inches outward from stock.

The 18x8 +43 Offset (Plus the 1" spacer) option, will approximately 1.5 inches wider than stock.

I'm pretty sure the first will be outside the fenders, but I'm not sure on the second, and it's too stinking cold to go outside to measure.

The 1" spacer is your major issue.

YMMV

·
Registered
32 Posts
Stock rims are 18x8 with a 55 offset. The first rim spec would stick out an additional inch and a quarter just from the offset, let alone the fact that it's already an inch and a half wider than stock. With an inch spacer on top it will definitely have a lot of poke. Personally I would find rims with the same hub pattern so you don't have to figure in an extra inch of adaptor. Option B would be to redrill the wheels to fit. The best option would be to have the hubs redrilled to 114 then you would have a lot more rims to choose from in the future. Most people on this forum go for function over form, so knowledge on aggressive fitments like that are minimal. However I have seen a few with aggressive fitments. Check out username "jaredmorgan". He has a stanced solstice that he has posted pics of that you can check out. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks so much for the replies. I went ahead and go the 18x8. I did not want to redrill the hubs just to keep it a little simpler. I'll post pictures when i get them mounted. Thanks for the help.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts