Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will someone out there who already has their Solstice please give me some wheel balancing weight info?? When you picked up your ride were the wheel weights taped to the inside of the rim or were they tacked visibly :nono: to the outside of the rim. I gotta know.
Graybird, Aggressive, 3800 on 10/6

·
Registered
90 Posts
Inside where they don't show... :) Which IMO is GREAT! just the way it should be on any up-scale car...

·
Registered
515 Posts
Here's a pic...

·
Registered
50 Posts
Chris said:
Here's a pic...

One of our wheels had about the same amount of weights
I'm tempted to have it rebalanced
It looks excessive to me
Sometimes you can rotate the tire on the rim and get closer
What do you Think?

·
Registered
515 Posts
Lucky13 said:
One of our wheels had about the same amount of weights
I'm tempted to have it rebalanced
It looks excessive to me
Sometimes you can rotate the tire on the rim and get closer
What do you Think?
That was the most by far of my 4 wheels.

I know on my 4Runner I went from gobs of weight to hardly any when I asked them to spin the tire 180 degrees. I think a lot of tires have some form of indicator that shows where the heavy side is. The Yoko's on the 4Runner had a green dot if I remember, correctly.

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
I know nothing about any of this "wheel balancing."

Those little tiny weights make that much difference?

Maybe I should start going around to random cars, looking for weights, and pulling them off, or moving them. :lol: Will their cars explode?

·
Registered
767 Posts
Fortimir said:
I know nothing about any of this "wheel balancing."

Those little tiny weights make that much difference?
Maybe I should start going around to random cars, looking for weights, and pulling them off, or moving them. :lol: Will their cars explode?
You bet. If one of them falls off, you will know it in a hurry. As you pick up speed, you will notice a vibration that shouldn't be there. The more out of balance, the greater the shake.

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
jimmyo said:
hehehe I thought you were agreeing with him the car would explode at first. :D

·
Registered
115 Posts
find a shop with a hunter road force balancer

The road force balancer tells the tech exactly where to spin the rim to and how much and where to put the weights...it can even hide the weights behind a spoke if the weight is little enough or the spoke wide enough. You'll pay more for the service, as it involves breaking down the tire...but not removing it from the rim.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts