Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,649 Posts
What are you looking for??? It took me 2 years of hunting to find a wheel I thought looked good. Everytime I found one, it was discontinued or the size wasn't available. Things you MUST have when looking for a wheel that fits:

5x110 bolt pattern
+55 offset (you can go as low as +40, but no wider then 8")
Center bore will need a hubcentric adapter as all aftermarket wheels will be 73.1 or bigger.
What ever you do, make sure the spokes will clear the caliper on the fronts. On the rears, it's more then likely that you'll have to shave the rear axle shaft by at least 1/4". Which is okay because GM has almost 2" sticking out beyond where it does anything at all.

I can try to help you if you can post what you're looking for.... Mine are gunmetal, I didn't like the black/silver combo because they just looked to truck-y, and that's what accounts for about 80% of what fits our car.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What are you looking for??? It took me 2 years of hunting to find a wheel I thought looked good. Everytime I found one, it was discontinued or the size wasn't available. Things you MUST have when looking for a wheel that fits:

5x110 bolt pattern
+55 offset (you can go as low as +40, but no wider then 8")
Center bore will need a hubcentric adapter as all aftermarket wheels will be 73.1 or bigger.
What ever you do, make sure the spokes will clear the caliper on the fronts. On the rears, it's more then likely that you'll have to shave the rear axle shaft by at least 1/4". Which is okay because GM has almost 2" sticking out beyond where it does anything at all.

I can try to help you if you can post what you're looking for.... Mine are gunmetal, I didn't like the black/silver combo because they just looked to truck-y, and that's what accounts for about 80% of what fits our car.
Thanks for all the good information.

·
Registered
4,649 Posts
something like this
These are going to take some heavy modding of the suspension. The back tires stick out by over an inch. So you have to stop the suspension from moving in order not to hit the fender. I'm pretty sure this is a "for show" only car. Or the pic was heavily photoshopped. If this is the general look you want, have you tried carid.com?

·
Registered
4,649 Posts
I'll look a little later tonight. My suggestion is go on carid.com and find wheels you like, then go directly to the maker of the wheels website and see if they have them that will fit. One of 3 things will have to happen to find wheels that you like. You'll either end up modding the hubs to fit the new wheel, you'll get blanks and have them drilled, or you'll have to settle for something close.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'll look a little later tonight. My suggestion is go on carid.com and find wheels you like, then go directly to the maker of the wheels website and see if they have them that will fit. One of 3 things will have to happen to find wheels that you like. You'll either end up modding the hubs to fit the new wheel, you'll get blanks and have them drilled, or you'll have to settle for something close.
Thanks for all your help.

·
Registered
08 Sky Redline, 5M
113 Posts
BCForged will make many styles and they are all custom, I got a set of KL01 with the right pattern and offset, but they are not cheap, and it took about 5-6 weeks, but they could make them with enough spoke size to clear Brembos. Remember the old adage: Good, cheap, or fast, pick 2. There are a lot of wheel threads here, read up.

Reactions: granliday

·
Registered
6 Posts
Cheepest and best place to get custom wheels?
My suggestion for whatever it is worth is to take your stock Solstice wheels and get them resurfaced and painted to the color you want. I just had mine done and they look as good as any wheel you will buy. I did mine in a smoke grey with a silver metallic flake. They look great on my silver GXP coupe. I had mine done at Wheels America. The have several locations around the country and cost me about $130 each.

·
Registered
6 Posts

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts