Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a question that have been wondering for a while. The wheels that we see on oll of the sample shots is really good looking, but what do the 18-inch polished aluminum wheels look like? I have been sifting though all the other posts and don't remember one of this nature, so I appolozie if it appears already. My dealer accidentally put in that I wanted the upgrade and I want to know what they look like to make sure that is what I want. If they are the ten spoke wheels I have to say I prefer the standard wheels on the car. Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Lawson, you just brought up a similar question that I was going to post.

Is polished alluminum available as an option NOW or has it been delayed? My dealer told me it was delayed. I told him that the chrome was delayed and polished was now. But he insisted that polished and chrome where the same. I was surprised.

Can anyone give some info on this? Thanks!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
When talking to my dealer and the general manager and the VP of sales they really didn't know anything, however, they only seemed to be aware of the delay on the agressive and envious two tone interior situation and the onstar situation. I will definatly have them change it to the normal wheels if this is the case. I liked them anyways and hadn't seen pictures of the upgrades.

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
The defualt wheels are the silver painted rims. We do not know what these look liek yet because GM has yet to release an image of them. The Polished Aluminum wheels are the wheels you find on EVERY image of the Solstice. These wheels are available now as well. The Chrome wheels we have not seen yet either. These have been delaid till Sept 2005 for availability.

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Agree 100% with brentil, everything we've seen so far is polished alum, no sign of painted ones yet and chrome isn't until the fall.

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
mceb said:
So onStar is IN for first run?
I believe OnStar is out permantly.

·
Premium Member
4,041 Posts
My dealer told me that polished aluminum is available now as an option over the painted rims. Chrome isn't available until fall. OnStar is not available on the first 1000.

·
Premium Member
5,206 Posts
Fortimir said:
I believe OnStar is out permantly.
Not necessarily. Maybe they found an issue with OnStar that requires some special part that won't be available until later... or maybe there's something wrong with how the original OnStar was priced.

There's a hundred reasons why something may or may not make production start.

·
Registered
14 Posts
As far as I know OnStar is available even on the first 1000. The most up to date information that I've seen (4/14) stated that only the automatic transmission and 18" chromes were unavailable.

·
Registered
121 Posts
OnStar is *not* available on the First Thousand. In fact it's been reported here that it was completely removed from the VOMS option list yesterday.

Chrome wheels and automatic transmission won't be available before September.

·
5,641 Posts
Correct OnStar has been removed form the online order guides until it is ready for production, at which point it will be returned. This is a simular situation to the 2006 G6s were OnStar is not currenty available, even though it was for all of 2005 production. All that has been said is that they are awaiting validation for the Solstice OnStar. (For those playing along at home, the G6 delay may (may) have something to do with the 2005s using an older generation of OnStar that was analog/digital ready. The 2006 should be a analog/digital sytem or newer).

It has been a consistant message of no Chrome Wheels until September, no Automatics until February.

Oh, while we are at it, no steel/sand interior with red or green exteriors until further notice. (See I learned how to spell "steel")

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
I know that recent super duper Cady test car was using the new OnStar version 6.1 that's in testing right now. So they might be wating for the new revision to be finished before putting it in new cars.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts