• 6 months - 1 yr

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • 3 months - 6 months

Votes: 12 16.2%
  • Less than 3 months but before the Apprentice

Votes: 21 28.4%
  • After I made the "1,000"

Votes: 17 23.0%
  • After the Apprentice, but not in the 1,000.

Votes: 14 18.9%
  • Have not yet - I want to see the poll results.

Votes: 4 5.4%
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
568 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How about listing when you first handed cash over to the dealer?

·
Registered
905 Posts
$1,000 handed over on 4/27/2005 ~10am :)

·
Registered
936 Posts
Actually I put money down in March but as time went on and information came available I quicky realized that if I was going to get one of the first 1k that being fourth on the dealers list wasn't going to make it and I got my money back and went to a dealer that had no prior deposits. I educated them about the program which many of you had to do with your dealer and made sure they had everything down how the program was going to happen before the 15th. I called the dealer on the 13th to be sure they were familiar with the web site and everything they would have to enter and let them know I expected them to be ready and have their best computer person doing the job. I showed up early on the 15th just to make it leagle that I was first and waited till 2pm and the person I had been working with did not let me down we went to war and ended up victorious. I consider what got me one of the first 1k was taking matters in my own hands and overseeing everything. Thanks to this sight which got me ready. I was at the dealer today and someone came in and wanted to know if they could still try for one of the first 1000 Solstice. Where have they been?

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
I put my money down about 2 weeks before the Apprentice. I've pretty much wanted this car since January of last year, but never saw the need to rush out and put a deposit down. I'm really not the kind of person that buys a car sight unseen. When we heard about the EOP program, I thought I would try for one, but then they told us that I couldn't have green with the two tone interior, and that combined with an itty bitty trunk and dubious top, made me seriously consider the new MX-5. However after some sol-searching, I came to my senses in time. As much as I think the new MX-5 will be a great car, I really don't like the way it looks that much.

So anyways I put down the cash, and jumped through the hoops, and I'm currently awaiting my phone call. :willy:

·
Premium Member
5,849 Posts
When Did You Put Your $$ where your mouth is?
Friday night, 4/22/05 at 7:40pm, when my husband called from his GM dealer to ask me if I wanted the car. The owner had 3 left from his 13 car allocation and would sell me one. As we talked, a customer bought two cars on the spot. I grabbed my wallet, yanked out that debit card and spit the numbers over the phone. My order was placed on 4/25, my bank account debited on 4/26/05.

·
Premium Member
10,471 Posts
April 15th, when I gave my dealer all the info from the Apprentice.
I had been educating him for about 3 or 4 months, plus I have purchase car from them before.

·
Premium Member
5,849 Posts
I was at the dealer today and someone came in and wanted to know if they could still try for one of the first 1000 Solstice. Where have they been?
Not here with us, that's 4 sure. :lol:

·
Registered
504 Posts
09/28/2004-$1,000.00-The obsessing starts at 15:00 ZULU :cool:

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Jan 10th 2005. I had been communicating with my dealer since mid-2004 when 90% of dealers couldn't spell Solstice. Felt at start of 2005 it was best to put some cash down.

I was just told that day my job might be in jeopardy due to a project cancellation and it was snowing...I needed something to uplift me ;)

·
Registered
55 Posts
Sexykenman69

Didn't put any $$$ down until after acceptence into 1st 1000 and then the dealer in my area only asked for 100 bucks to hold the vehical until delivery. Kinda screwy how they take the orders-no order forms, no specifics from the dealer on package pricing, just scrached a few notes down on a piece of paper on what you kinda wanted. Never ordered a car like that before!!! Anyone else had a similar experience with their dealer???????????????????????????

·
Registered
670 Posts
Hand written note

We gave our dealer $500 in January but he did not ask for it. He gave us a hand written note until he had something on his computer to confirm the cars exsistence. Now we are just waiting for the call. :cool:

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
I had also been in contact with my dealer for a while. I had been wishy-washy on Solstice vs Sky then finally came to my senses. I finally put money down on my pre-order the begining of March. $50, that's it. The day of the EOP, all 30+ people they took orders for had to put $1000 down. Yeah, think I came out the winner there.

·
Registered
462 Posts
I also only put down $100 (after my pending status).
I may put more down here in the coming months.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I tried to put $ down almost a year ago but two local dealers wouldn't accept my cash... so I started lurking on this site instead and had a policy of stopping by the dealers every few weeks offering to put money down. Finally, at the very beginning of March, one of the dealers called and said he'd take my $500 deposit.

·
Registered
45 Posts
$500 sometime in January

·
Registered
25 Posts
$1000 12:30 MST 1st day. Waitlisted

1 - 20 of 21 Posts