Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Curious to see the car at the dealerships here in NY metro/NJ area.

Anybody know when they hit?

Tia

JB

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
First 1000 cars will come through soon but they won't be at dealers for too long. If you mean cars on the lot?....with 9000 orders won't see many until next spring sitting on dealer lots....wait....on 2nd thought if a dealer is doing the markup game then that will stall some cars on lots.

·
4,592 Posts
mceb said:
First 1000 cars will come through soon but they won't be at dealers for too long. If you mean cars on the lot?....with 9000 orders won't see many until next spring sitting on dealer lots....wait....on 2nd thought if a dealer is doing the markup game then that will stall some cars on lots.
Finally, a benefit from dealer markups, I might get to see one early :lol:

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
RODEO said:
Finally, a benefit from dealer markups, I might get to see one early :lol:
Yup, markups provide some value.... :lol:

·
Registered
990 Posts
Don't know how quick they will move if they are marked up too much.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I told my dealer,"You mark it up, I don't take it!" He swears there will be no mark up. Of course he knows if I don't take it, someone else will. I wanted the Miata when they came out but after they were marked up I said," I'll wait." By the time they were available at invoice I'd decided I didn't want one after all. We shall see.

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
My Sol said:
I told my dealer,"You mark it up, I don't take it!" He swears there will be no mark up. Of course he knows if I don't take it, someone else will. I wanted the Miata when they came out but after they were marked up I said," I'll wait." By the time they were available at invoice I'd decided I didn't want one after all. We shall see.
All you have to do is get it in writing that you will get the car at MSRP have it signed by not the salesman but the sales manager and if possible the dealership owner..., then if they try to mark it up you got them by the Legal Balls.... if they refuse to provide that then go somewhere else...

·
Registered
263 Posts
Now that my new Solstice deal with Mallett Cars is all worked out, I'm working with my local Saturn Dealer on them becoming a reseller for Mallett. They are very interested since they get about the same markup on selling a Mallett conversion as they do selling a Sky (double on one sale).

I have a Sky on waitlist order from my local dealer. Planning on just the basic conversion for the Sky, maybe the 6-speed transmission too. The dealer will showcase the car one weekend a month for potential buyers of the Mallett conversion. Working out what I get in return if they go forward with the idea. Will keep everyone posted on the "skyroadster.com" forum.

·
Registered
10 Posts
WHO CARES????
With all the games GM has been playing with the price and release, bye bye Solstice. HELLO JAGUAR.
[QUOTE]Finally, a benefit from dealer markups[/QUOTE]
This is absolutely true. Because of "dealer" markups my wife decided to get a Jag S-Type rather than continue the never ending wait.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts