Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Does anyone know when an EOP sale is considered final? I was told that when the car is being manufactured I'll get a call to come into the dealership to get all of the financing figured out. I'll be paying cash so I'm assuming that this is the same time they'd want me to come drop off a check for the whole amount?

Can anyone tell me what the terms of the EOP program are in regards to refunds if I don't like the car once it arrives? Are we getting 100% committed sight unseen or will we have a chance to change our mind once we see it? Anyone know if we'll have the opportunity to "test drive" our EOP ordered cars? Thanks in advance for your informed answers!

Also, I'm too lazy to put up two posts - I was told by program headquarters when they called last week (to confirm that I still wanted my EOP order) that production would begin "July 5th", I haven't seen this date in any other posts (it looks like everyone else was told end of July), can anyone confirm or deny the info. that I was given? To be fair the exact words were "Poduction is SCHEDULED to begin July 5th". As I posted in another thread, this seems to make sense given that Wilmington, DE has all of a sudden shown up in the production numbers spreadsheet.

·
4,592 Posts
No offense..but something is wrong with the way your looking at this...at least I believe so. Think of it this way, what if you were financing the car through your own bank, they wouldn't fund the loan until the car is delivered to you..IOW..You put out the rest of the money when you drive away with the car. Also, who would pay for a car without driving it first, that's impossible...except maybe on ebay. I would imagine you will be given a chance to drive it, look it over for dents and scratches, and then make your final decision. Let's see what everyone else thinks???

On a similar point...I bought recently a new MSM, and it required scratches be repaired. I paid for the car and drove it away with a document that was a promise to repair from the dealer. I had doubts. Some of the scratches would definately require painting the panels. The dealer did just that, and I was very satisified. I pass it along as I never knew how this would have been handled, hope it helps!

·
Registered
936 Posts
The first 1000 deposits are refundable so you should be able to look it over. I am also paying cash and don't plan to part with my money until I see the car on the dealers lot and I set in and look it over.

I hope you are right on the start date that will help us get the cars sooner and now that the time is getting close I am getting anxious. Also Maybe you got newer updated information on the date since you were called later in the process.

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Sale is final when you take delivery and drive off the lot.

As I mentioned in the other thread that's the first we've heard of 7/5 start. All other signs were 7/11 or 7/18.

Also factor in any problems on day 1 could grind it all to a halt again.

·
Registered
763 Posts
will there be confirmation of production somehow i wonder? dang thats in 2 days PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE be true.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts