Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When can dealers begin to take official orders for the first allotment?

·
Registered
121 Posts
Duner said:
When can dealers begin to take official orders for the first allotment?
From the way I understood it - now. THat's what the waiting list is for.

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
This is what I understand from reading some of the EOP materials and talking to my dealer.

Starting Friday, April 15th, orders could be entered into the GM system.

Pending EOP orders could be taken, which would not count against dealer allocation.

Once all the EOP slots were gone, dealers should then take orders against their four month allocation. If there are more customers than there are cars in the dealer's four month allocation, the dealer should start forming a LOCAL dealer wait list to go against his next allocation.

This is different from the National Waitlist which is part of the EOP. The National Waitlist is for people hoping to get a slot in the EOP when someone cancels or gets disqualified.

For my case, I am on the National Waitlist, but unless I get called by GM to move into an EOP slot, I will be the first order from my dealer's regular four month allocation. I'm going to confirm with my dealer later today, but the dealer should be able to place a regular order against allocation now for Nationally Waitlisted customers, and move that order into the EOP if that person gets a slot.

·
5,641 Posts
Dealers have been able to enter orders into their own order bank for a week or two now.

The next step will be when Pontiac takes orders from the dealers bank to schedule for production. This is based on allocation, so not every dealer will be getting cars when this happens. With reports and requests and changes and confirmations, this is a Thursday to Tuesday proccess. The first round for the Solstice is scheduled to start June 2nd.

·
Registered
9 Posts
My question exactly. If I order one now, will I end up with a 2005 at the end of 2005 or even the beginning of 2006?!

·
5,641 Posts
DAS said:
My question exactly. If I order one now, will I end up with a 2005 at the end of 2005 or even the beginning of 2006?!
It all depends on the allocation to the dealer you choose, what months their allocated cars are built and how many orders they have in front of yours.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts