Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If I want it to arrive just before Christmas of next year?

Would I need to order it in August or would 3 months be enough lead time?

I don't know why but I get the feeling there ain't no way I will get one by next Christmas if I order it in August.

It'll never work, I'm dooooomed.

·
Registered
34 Posts
You've got like 14 months to go. Might as well wait and see if the whole Solstice craze dies down a little. You might be able to go in and buy one off the showroom floor by then.

·
Registered
819 Posts
fizzer said:
If I want it to arrive just before Christmas of next year?

Would I need to order it in August or would 3 months be enough lead time?

I don't know why but I get the feeling there ain't no way I will get one by next Christmas if I order it in August.

It'll never work, I'm dooooomed.

With the factory still in a partial ramp up mode for production, decrease in the QC problems (hopefully), adding a third shift after the beginning of the year and beginning to add the Sky to the line, a whole lot can change between now and Christmas 2007 for delivery times. Anything outside of that would be complete speculation at this point. Sorry! That doesn't even begin to conside what MIGHT happen if Delphi goes on strike, but that's another issue all its own.

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Having ordered back in April in the middle of my dealer's first allocation only to find five months later the car would be built this year, while others on this board have ordered and had built a car in three months: I'd say it is a total crap shoot. Actually the odds are probably better in craps, so if I were you I would do one of two things:

a) order now and never come back to this forum again until the car shows up (hanging out here makes you crazy) OR

b) count on lady luck and wait until closer to when you want the car and start phoning dealers to see if someone has backed out of an order.

The likelyhood of getting the car you want, when you want it is about equal either way.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts