Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does it really mean it's shipped? I called the Solstice hotline last week and they told me it was still at the plant. When I called today they said it had left the Plant!! Could I trust this info? :willy:

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
SPIROB said:
Does it really mean it's shipped? I called the Solstice hotline last week and they told me it was still at the plant. When I called today they said it had left the Plant!! Could I trust this info? :willy:
Trust it unless tomorrow when you call they say it is still at the plant. Shipped may even mean placed in a separate spot awaiting loading on truck or railcar as to the production end once it ios in hands of shipping company, even though still on GM property it is considered shipped.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
I say do not trust it. They have called me before to tell me that a car, which was in my showroom, was somewhere in Texas.

So I am not confident in their information personally

·
Registered
819 Posts
I can tell you when I called Pontiac last week, they told me mine was Shipped. The dealer showed me that it had gone to Shipped the day before I called Pontiac. The dealer called today and said he talked to someone and found it left Lordstown yesterday, heading for Chicago Heights, where it will find a truck for its ride to the dealer next week.

Contact your dealer, probably best if you make a personal appearance. Talk to the Sales Manager. Have him look it up in their system and show it to you. Then, have him make the calls to see where your car is in the shipping process. Pontiac cannot help you with shipping info. Only the dealer can do that, and they CAN do that, whether they say they can't or not. They may have to do a little more work than they normally would, but they can do it.

Good luck, Spirob!! Sounds like your car is on its way home!!!! :) :)

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
Hate to say it but shipped doesn't really mean shipped all the time. Mine said shipped 9/19 and really got shipped 10/6 at night
If you go to the" train and trucking info" thread you can call or have your dealer call the trucking company to get better info.
But the dealer should know who is doing the trucking for that state and he can call if they don't tald to you.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for all your replies! With all the threads about deliveries and shipping I was hoping for the best. But your probably right Deluke. I will try to get the info out of my dealer on Saturday when he is back. They have been great so far.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts