Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally have some "real" snow on the ground here in southwest Michigan. Today I brought down some of the sleds for the daycare kids so they could use them this week.

Being the kind of person that I am, I start with about 800 grit sandpaper to take down the grooves and scratches from last year, then work my way down to 1500 grit. I follow that with some buffing and then Wolfgang paint sealant so, well, those little buggers can hit light speed going down the hill in our front yard!

1579468219929.png

·
Registered
6,633 Posts
The kids can attain the same sort of speed, albeit with much less directional control, if you just tie a large sized garden refuse plastic garbage bag around their necks, and it is much cheaper. :p

Agree that winter is a pretty dead time for sports car owners. My coupe is sitting under a blanket of snow at the moment, though that should melt in the next day or so, but I still don't use it much in winter as my summer only hipo tires do not like low temperatures.

And another winter problem with the Solstice is that they are shaped so that when the snow does slide off, the front half of it deposits in a great lump right in front of the car, that requires great care in shoveling it away lest you also take part of the car with it!

·
Registered
5,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
And another winter problem with the Solstice is that they are shaped so that when the snow does slide off, the front half of it deposits in a great lump right in front of the car, that requires great care in shoveling it away lest you also take part of the car with it!
You mean when the snow melts off of the car cover, RIGHT? YOU LET SNOW TOUCH YOUR PAINT????

·
Registered
5,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Rob - another one of those "I'd never thought about it, but" events. That's a lot of mass to control on glare ice!

·
Super Moderator
16,092 Posts
The field expedient is to take every 3rd center guide and flip it over so it protrudes to the outside of the track. Makes a great traction device but its not so good on paved surfaces.

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts