Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 113 Posts

·
Registered
913 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I haven't heard if anyone in TX has actually received their Solstice yet. So please post in here if there are any Sols lurking around the big state. :thumbs:

·
Read Only
3,468 Posts
There is at least one in Midland, I know. I'm WAY down the list up here in Lubbock (should not see mine until mid 2006, as I was late to the game :( ). Not sure about anyone else.

It would be great if we can get a good owner's club going in Texas. :thumbs:

--Chemist

·
Registered
176 Posts
Austin

The Live Music Capital of the World. #1841 Born on Thursday 9/22.

·
Registered
8,664 Posts
Texan info

Kallasd (Sherman) says his was built 08/26.
gizmo2004 (Spring) says his was built 09/14 and has "shipped".
SolTex (Midland) says his was **DELIVERED** 08/26.
lilmizmiki (Austin) says hers is being **DELIVERED** today!

That's all I know for now.

·
Registered
62 Posts
mine was built 8/4, shipped 9/13... and i haven't seen it yet.
good thing my script of ludes hasn't run out yet !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Waiting for the 07 model year. Nothing personal, just not ready to buy a first year of production car. Nopt only that, I figure that I'm not ready to stand in line yet. Once I am, then I'll be tooling around in Austin.

Chest, maybe we can buddy up once I get a car. LOL

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
I, soon to be owner of #726 will be in San Antonio this weekend for a convention at the Riverwalk Marriott. (without car which I don't have yet)Should I bring my 1:18 model? Or just enough cash to buy any Texas LostSols a drink while I'm there. Let me know, it would be good to meet.

·
Registered
337 Posts
salstice said:
I haven't heard if anyone in TX has actually received their Solstice yet. So please post in here if there are any Sols lurking around the big state. :thumbs:
Proud to say I have had mine since 8/26, loving it!!!!!!

·
Registered
20 Posts
salstice said:
#349...still not received. I just found out yesterday that my Sly/two tone, is in Ohio. So, it still has to make it to Texas, to Arlington, then to South Dallas (Duncanville). So, they told me another week or most likely two weeks. :( I'm really disappointed. But hopefully, SOON.

·
Registered
729 Posts
I'm in Fort Worth, Texas, and I really want one!!

I have been thinking about it since July, and have decided I want to get one, but I don't want to get in line for one now. It seems too late in the waiting game now to be able to get one in less than a year if I ordered it.

I believe my only chances are just giving my name and number to all the dealers around here and tell them to call me if someone drops out. I have already seen a lot of folks giving up their 1st 1,000 cars (and they are enthusiasts), so I figured that there would be a ton more folks that would give up their 1st 7,000 car. So, I'm hoping to jump on one sometime this winter if someone wants to give it up.

If any of you guys get your car and are in the DFW area sometime, let me know!! I'd like to see it.

- bspate -

·
Registered
142 Posts
I've got a ways to go, worse than a 5 year old counting the days to Christmas!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Well as my first post, after months of lurking, I am happy to report that VIN #204 has hit San Angelo (Goodfellow Air Force Base) as of about 1:00 pm today. I drove it off the lot a few hours later, after I got off work. Mysterious/Ebony, with everything but smokers, on*, and Chrome wheels. These cars are truly amazing.

·
Registered
8,664 Posts
Way to go, Campbell. You might be the second Texan. Mine is due in a week or two, maybe!

·
Registered
8,664 Posts
SlyFly: you have a supercharged Cobra? That is so cool!

·
Registered
8,664 Posts
That is so un-cool, physixman. You're #150, it was produced 08/03, and you haven't gotten it yet? You said it was bayed. Is that the bayed after 4104 bailment invoice or the bayed after 4200 shipped?

I'm right here in Spring, so call me when yours comes in 832-443-3392. Good luck.

·
Registered
142 Posts
gizmo2004 said:
SlyFly: you have a supercharged Cobra? That is so cool!
Yeah, 532 hp & 523 tq --- Given the impracticality and the price of gas it's retired to a weekend cool weather, joy ridding hot rod, that constantly requires $omething. Looking forward to my first roadster but can't believe I've ordered a vehicle with a four cylinder... I went to Beck & Masten, you?

·
Registered
8,664 Posts
SlyFly: Ordered mine from Champion Pontiac 04/15. Supposed to have shipped 09/26, so I'm hoping in a week or two ....

Have you gotten a VIN yet? Probably too early for that.

Make a note of my phone number 832-443-3392.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Here ya go

I spoke with a salesman from a Pontiac dealership in Texas today about the Solstice.

He informed me that the ONLY cars that have been built are pre-production and they have not started to build the production Sols yet.

I informed him that the VIN #s are past 2270 as of 9-29 on the regular production.

Thank god, I mean Troy, that we have this Forum!

1 - 20 of 113 Posts