Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, it's been several months since I saw the Solstice at the DC Auto Show. The show car trunk was off limits, so I'm still wondering what's inside? A fuel tank? Has anyone seen inside?

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
photopro said:
Well, it's been several months since I saw the Solstice at the DC Auto Show. The show car trunk was off limits, so I'm still wondering what's inside? A fuel tank? Has anyone seen inside?

It's a State secret! You won't find out until you pop the trunk for the first time. :lol:

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Fuel tank was our educated guess after many dozens of discussions.

·
4,592 Posts
mceb said:
Fuel tank was our educated guess after many dozens of discussions.
I must have missed those :lol: :brentil:

·
Registered
189 Posts
photopro said:
Maybe this is the reason it was off limits:

"O my god! theres a dead hooker in that trunk! Look! They all have dead hookers in them! Ive never seen so many dead hookers in my life!"

"Lord knows I have."

:D who knows that one eh?

·
4,592 Posts
DLD84 said:
Maybe this is the reason it was off limits:

"O my god! theres a dead hooker in that trunk! Look! They all have dead hookers in them! Ive never seen so many dead hookers in my life!"

"Lord knows I have."

:D who knows that one eh?
Norm McDonald starring in "Dirty Work"
Plot Outline: A loser finds success in the revenge-for-hire business.

What do I win :willy: ?

·
Premium Member
5,206 Posts
For pics of the trunk just click on the Technical FAQ in my signature below. They are there, can't remember post.

The FUGTMPL (fouled up gas tank mayan pyramid layout) is apparently the gas tank.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Old Non-production Photo...

Yes, I've seen the posted show car photo (the one with a pair of white boots in the trunk) but so far, no one has confirmed or refuted that the fuel tank will intrude into floor of the trunk area in the final production model.

Specifications posted on this website suggest that the Solstice trunk will offer only 2 cubic feet of storage space with the top down. Hmmmmm...

Are there any eyewitnesses to, or production photos of the interior of the production model trunk?

·
Premium Member
5,206 Posts
photopro said:
Yes, I've seen the posted show car photo (the one with a pair of white boots in the trunk) but so far, no one has confirmed or refuted that the fuel tank will intrude into floor of the trunk area in the final production model.

Specifications posted on this website suggest that the Solstice trunk will offer only 2 cubic feet of storage space with the top down. Hmmmmm...

Are there any eyewitnesses to, or production photos of the interior of the production model trunk?
It is most of our understanding that many of the show cars that made the circuit are very close to production. Many did not have tops, but the trunk area is thought to be very accurate.

No other production photos of the trunk interior exist.

It is highly likely you are looking at pics (minus the top, of course) of something that is very close to production, if not the appearance of the actual production trunk layout.

Of course, this will be confirmed when someone gets their Solstice and takes a pic of the trunk and posts it.

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
Based on the dimensions GM has given us, and their description of fitting 2 soft medium golf bags in with the top up, I have a feeling some sort of tank/hump will be in there. Maybe they can scale it down a little from what was in the show car, but its not going to disappear altogether.

Someone also mentioned that underneath the tank/hump might also be some storage for such things as the emergency flat repair kit the car will have. That would make sense to me based on the showcar pics, since it seems like it sits up higher than where the fuel filler neck would have to be.

·
Registered
209 Posts
With the announcement today (see www.autoweek.com) that production will be pushed back until October, it verifies what we have been sayin for the past several months. The engineer's thought someone else had the design of the truck on their schedule and it has been over-looked.

GM has flown to the Wilmington, Delaware plant the top notch trunk designer's from New Jersery to aide with this design mishap.

Pontiac is suppose to have a news conference prior to the next Solstice Release to update those of us interested in their progress.

·
Premium Member
5,206 Posts
I believe this is the inflator kit (in lightened red) in a styrofoam holder (lightened grey).

I don't believe there is any redesign of the trunk. The article states what I've heard through the grapevine - absolutely no compromises for fit and finish.

Attachments

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
Ah, I see. Yeah, that could be it! If it is, then scratch the "under the temple" location! I was just picking that out of speculation from a past thread.

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
Hey, leave my pink boots out of this. :D

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
brentil said:
Hey, leave my pink boots out of this. :D
People are going to start expecting GM to offer your pink boots as a dealer installed accessory! :lol:

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Pontiac says it is "underpromising and overdelivering" to make sure cars satisfy customers. "Quality is the biggest issue," says Pontiac spokesman Jim Hopson. "That's the critical element at this point, getting the last little bit taken care of."
Gotta deliver on the quality. I'm still optimistic for end of summer.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts