Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

Which Region Do You Live In

1 - 20 of 190 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Please answer if you are interested in joining a club, if you plan on purchasing a Solstice. Hopefully we can evolve this into something like the GTO Forum next door, www.gtoforum.com From there, we can break it down. The votes will be public, so your screen name will be viewable to aide in breaking things down as well. Use the GTO regional breakdown to find out which region you would be in if you don't know.

Simple Poll, which region do you live in. This will be used for the purposes of setting up a club, using forum members, in conjunction w/ the "Time to Start Talking Clubs," by Sol Cruisin, and also Excelsior's website, www.solstice1k.

I'm sure that at some point this will all be combined, but for now the easiest way to gather, with one national club of forum members. Since this is the most regarded source of info, I would guess most people will end up here at some point.

·
Registered
121 Posts
most isolated EOP car?

I'm in Cheyenne WY. I think the closest EOP car to mine will be in South Dakota. I haven't seen anyone from Colorado but there surely must be some there.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
One major club, with regional chapters. National and regional events. There is a great seal of club activities here in Wisconsin/Michigan/Illinois, particulary at race tracks and car shows. Road America has car club paddocks all around the track. Great venues and equally great scenery!

·
Premium Member
4,041 Posts
Western PA, BeaveRun race track is in our back yard.

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
This car is going to be huge in California, so we'll need a Northern and Southern Ca. regions IMO. So many great meeting places out here too. National meet should be either in a central part of the mid west, or maybe at the plant in DE.

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
Can't vote twice, so I put myself in the Pacific region since I'll be moving there right around the time we start to get these cars in hand.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Welcome to the West! ...soon...

2KWK4U said:
Can't vote twice, so I put myself in the Pacific region since I'll be moving there right around the time we start to get these cars in hand.
Hey, Too quick for you, what part of the region will have your vortexes on a regular basis as you wiz about with your Solstice? :cool:

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
Crimson Avenger said:
Hey, Too quick for you, what part of the region will have your vortexes on a regular basis as you wiz about with your Solstice? :cool:
I'll be living in Monterey from August '06 to May '07. Then I'm not sure where I'll be. Right now I'm leaning toward Germany, but might wind up in Anchorage, AK or Vegas instead.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Monterey is quintisential California Coast! Bravo!

2KWK4U said:
I'll be living in Monterey from August '06 to May '07. Then I'm not sure where I'll be. Right now I'm leaning toward Germany, but might wind up in Anchorage, AK or Vegas instead.
You'll have overcast in the winter, but most days won't rain too much. And Summer? Well let's just say you'll be riding cool in the mid 70 degree sea air. I'm headed up to Monterey for the IEEE International Conference on Plasma Science, so I won't see you then, but I'm pretty sure my wife will want to visit Monterey again via the PCH route through Big Sur in the Fall, so perhaps we can hook up then. :cool:

I'm sure you already know you'll need sunscreen...:leaving:

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Primus said:
There really should be a "Mid-West" option.

I'm in St. Louis
Like I mentioned up top, I used the GTO Forum as a baseline. Once we grow to that size, it will be easier for our moderators to manage, since there is already a model. Again, once we grow, we'll get into state/bi-state/Metro chapters, there's just no internal structure right now.

Northeast:Connecticut | Delaware | Maine | Maryland | Massachusetts | New Hampshire | New Jersey | New York | Pennsylvania | Rhode Island | Vermont | West Virginia (Prolly adda Mid-Atlantic Regional Chapter? Yes/No?)

Southeast:Alabama | Arkansas | Florida | Georgia | Kentucky | Louisiana | Mississippi | North Carolina | South Carolina | Tennessee | Virginia.

Great Lakes: Illinois | Indiana | Iowa | Michigan | Missouri | Minnesota | Ohio | Wisconsin

Pacific:California | Idaho | Nevada | Oregon | Washington | Hawaii | Alaska

Mountain/Prairie:Colorado | Kansas | Montana | North Dakota | Nebraska | South Dakota | Utah | Wyoming

Southwest:Arizona | New Mexico | Oklahoma | Texas

Canada:Self explanatory

Other: Frosty, sorry man. You're prolly on your own till you ship it back thru Norfolk. Or does the USAF airlift that stuff to Dayton?

·
Registered
337 Posts
Southwest: We should have a big turn out for our first shin-dig.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I should also mention that I'm not trying to get an endorsement for running this "La Solstice Nostra," This Solstice Thing of Ours, :cool: but just trying to gather info to make it an easy transition when the time comes.

However, I am willing to host an event, and I think that the other dealers on here would be willing to as well, let's seee...there's one in Mass, GA, Dallas-- GTOJ,(our lone supporting dealer so far,) SoCal, DC, and myself in NW OH. that I can remember. There's prolly a few that I missed, sorry, but we're spread out enough to host some parties. Dealership could prolly even get reimbursed from Pontiac/GM for thru advertising coop funds.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Where's Texas? It's not "southeast" and I don't think many Texans think of themselves as southwestern (El Paso may be the exception). In fact, most Texans I know would put themselves in "other country."

:devil:

I suggest that you put in a category for "South Central" for TX/OK/AR

1 - 20 of 190 Posts