Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The title of this thread says it all. I'm trying to figure out where to put our garage door opener in this car to make it easy for my wife. There doesn't seem to be anywhere that's really convienient. I have a few thoughts, but I was just wondering where/what everyone else is doing.

Thanks ---- Bonzo

·
Premium Member
1,446 Posts
Hey, what is your Vin #, my invoice dated was 10/4 but dealer still doesn't have. My vin is 2163.........

By the way.....Congratulations....I am jealous...

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Mine wedges perfectly into the small crevice between the driver's seat and the door. I think the model I have is kind of an unusual size, so I doubt it will work for everybody. It's about 2" x 3" x .5" and it fits quite snugly so it doesn't go sliding around. Originally I had it near the front where it was a bit easier to reach, but I kicked it a couple of times, so now it's wedged near the back where it's out of harm's way, but still fairly easy to reach. I'd like to get it somewhere higher in the car for better range, but there isn't really a great place for it I also don't want to have it somewhere easy to grab for when I run into stores with the top down. (I could see kids just grabbing it and chucking it just for fun.)

·
Missing my Dad 9/40-5/08
330 Posts
We have our garage door opener in the same place - the tray thingie by the drivers side door. Originally we had it in the front pocket of the seat but we started to notice that it was pulling the material out and over time would have stretched it out.

Hope this helps.

Missy

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
I let the garage door opener sit in the front seat.

When we get home from a ride, She gets out of the car, walks over to the door, bends over and lifts the door open.

It has worked out swell so far. Mitch :devil:

·
Registered
729 Posts
MITCH said:

When we get home from a ride, She gets out of the car, walks over to the door, bends over and lifts the door open.

Now this if funny!! I just read this to my wife, and she just shook her head!! :lol:

My door opener has a clip on it for clipping to the sun visor, so I think I will be clipping it to the front pocket in front of the seat as long as I don't hit it with my leg or something.

- bspate -

·
Registered
767 Posts
I clip mine on the sunvisor. Although the visor is hard plastic, it hasn't fallen off yet. There's not any really convenient place to put it. I wish my Solstice had homelink like my last few vehicles. It is a very convenient and it's always right there.

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
bspate said:
Now this if funny!! I just read this to my wife, and she just shook her head!! :lol:

My door opener has a clip on it for clipping to the sun visor, so I think I will be clipping it to the front pocket in front of the seat as long as I don't hit it with my leg or something.

- bspate -
:agree:

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
HOMELINK!!!!!!

Man oh man I wish we had home link on these vehicles. It would save space. HAHA!!!!

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
I put mine in the glove box. Really not that big of a deal to reach over, open, and press the button. I don't even take the opener out of the box and it still works fine. My opener is to big to put in the mostly useless tray along the door scuff plate.

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
You could replace the rearview mirror with one that has home link. Package has instructions on how he replaced his mirror.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Editguy said:
You could replace the rearview mirror with one that has home link. Package has instructions on how he replaced his mirror.
This would be very cool. I wonder how much it costs?

Hey Package, are you out there?

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Excelsior said:
Why not come up with a replacement thing for the slide out elbow cup holder and rig it up in there so it slides out?
:glol: The James Bond door opener?

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
MITCH said:

:glol: One big problem with this technique at my house..... the door opener is ME !!!! But we do have a key pad so at least I don't have to do the "woman's work" of actually bending and lifting! :lol: I'M KIDDING!!!! :lol:

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
SCISOLSTICE said:
Take some duct tape and tap it to the dash if need be.
:glol:

Velcro might work though. But where? Maybe sticking it under the dash on the right side of the steering wheel? You might have an idea there SCISOLSTICE. Need to go check that out.

·
Premium Member
10,464 Posts
I believe the one Package bought is in the upper $300's.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts