Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For folks with the remote control for the lighting kit, where do you store it? Do you have it mounted somewhere in the car?

·
Registered
612 Posts
I bought an aftermarked dimmer and switch. The dimmer is mounthed on a crossmember of the bulkhead in back of the seats to the right of the top latch and the actual switch is mounted on the dash to the left of the steering wheel, see the pics.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
15,937 Posts
Generally we mount the remote control inside the center rear storage box. Its easy to run the wires there and its accessible while being out of the way.

·
Registered
3,738 Posts
I second what RTE said. Mine is in the rear center console as well. There is a hole pre-drilled already...no need for drilling new holes and mine is held on with industrial velcro.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Interesting RTE and Ghost.. so your control is wired, not wireless? My remote control is a little wireless thing - picture included here with the car remote so you see the size of it.

Given that mine is wireless, I can put it anywhere, hence my inquiry. The receiver is in the trunk.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
15,937 Posts
Yes the control is wireless. But most don't access it on a regular basis. They set it and put the control inside the storage box. Then they know where the remote is. :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts