Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone give me information so I can forward that info to my dealer as to how to find out status of my car? I got word on 8/16/05 that I was VIN 213 and have heard nothing since. The dealer did not even know the VIN until I went and told him. A lot of people on this site know their car is 'in a rail car', 'on a truck', etc but my dealer just says he knows nothing. I just called and told him to log on to solstice1000.com and see if he could get any information. How are all of you getting information on the status of your car? How are your dealers getting this info?

·
Registered
462 Posts
Your Dealer should be able to enter your VOM# (or Order#) into the "Dealer World" server and find out your production code (which will tell you it's status).

Or they could call the "Business Center" and get info on your car.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Grrrrr. The business center just told me that #213 has not been released from the plant yet.

The leaves are falling off the trees people! I am going for a ride when I get this car even if I have to wear a snowsuit!

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
I know it is frustrating. Just stay patient! :grouphug: It shouldn't be too much longer. It hasn't shipped yet, but it is built. Just think how person #8164 must feel! :willy: :lol: (or how I feel, if I don't cave in and get a base Sol, I'll be waiting at least another year to get a turbo Sol) :(

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Member cadllicacricket can look you up if you know your VOM order #.

Based on deliveries we've seen here I'd guess they are accelerating the shipments. Hang on, it will be here soon.

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
At least you know the car is built. As are all of the first 1000, and then some according to insider GMlinedog. The code is probably 3800 which means simply done, built, awaiting transport, or already on dealer lot. I don't think we'll see any higher codes prior to delivery. Of course I am open to correction.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Heather said:
Can anyone give me information so I can forward that info to my dealer as to how to find out status of my car? I got word on 8/16/05 that I was VIN 213 and have heard nothing since. The dealer did not even know the VIN until I went and told him. A lot of people on this site know their car is 'in a rail car', 'on a truck', etc but my dealer just says he knows nothing. I just called and told him to log on to solstice1000.com and see if he could get any information. How are all of you getting information on the status of your car? How are your dealers getting this info?

Skip the dealer... Call Solstice headquaters and tell them your dealer will not help. They will look up where your car is. I have called several times and they are very helpfull.

They just told me 200 cars were released last weekend and mine #434 is on a rail to Ohio, then truck to Michigan. We are having the best weather and I want my car! Our days are numbered for this kind on weather.

·
Registered
479 Posts
MySol said:
Skip the dealer... Call Solstice headquaters and tell them your dealer will not help. They will look up where your car is. I have called several times and they are very helpfull.

They just told me 200 cars were released last weekend and mine #434 is on a rail to Ohio, then truck to Michigan. We are having the best weather and I want my car! Our days are numbered for this kind on weather.
Yup, I called sol. hq. myself today and found out the very same thing.

·
Registered
233 Posts
first 1k said:
866-539-0256

Very nice people there. Good luck
Yes they are very nice, but can't seem to answer my questions. No one knows where my car is. Last week when I called, I was told it was in transit. GM Headquarters called Tuesday of this week and asked if I had my car, and then on Thursday when I called back no one had a clue to where it was.. The dealer is getting the same run around.... :willy: Of course my story is different from all those who have had their cars on hold. My car was shipped out on the 5th of August, arrived in Birmingham on the 22nd, held for a week and then sent back to the plant in Delaware....... :(

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.