Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If my car was made over a week ago (7/30) why is it not at the dealer? I only live 50 miles from the plant. HELP!!!!!.I want it today. Mysyerious Black Two/Tone leather, Monsoon bang-bang, limited slip, anti lock, floor mats, and convience package with power windows/locks and beer holders.

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Hang in there, it's probably getting real close.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Keep us informed if you get your car this week. It will be good info to find out where they are being delivered first! :)

·
Premium Member
5,849 Posts
jandouglass:
I've been outoftown for awhile and haven't caught up on all the posts. Did you get a call about your car's build order? Nevermind, I just read your posts.

·
Registered
292 Posts
jandouglass said:
If my car was made over a week ago (7/30) why is it not at the dealer? I only live 50 miles from the plant. HELP!!!!!.I want it today. Mysyerious Black Two/Tone leather, Monsoon bang-bang, limited slip, anti lock, floor mats, and convience package with power windows/locks and beer holders.
I may be wrong, but I don't think being near the plant has as a whole lot to do with how fast your car will be delivered. I think the cars are first dropped off at a central distribution location and then shipped to the dealers. Anyone with more or different info please correct me if I'm wrong. :willy:

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
Gmlinedog said:
Do you have a vin #?
GMLinedog, looks like jandouglass' VIN is #78. (looked through some other posts.)

·
Registered
528 Posts
Maybe Small Dealer can shed more light on this, but my dealer said delivery is expected 2-3 weeks after the built date is announced. The reason and examples he gave was they check and recheck the cars before loading them then the car is moved to a designated storage lot based on location of delivery. Once the region area the car is going to has enough cars for a full truck load (various models) they are reloaded and shipped to the dealership.

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
TerpFan said:
Maybe Small Dealer can shed more light on this, but my dealer said delivery is expected 2-3 weeks after the built date is announced. The reason and examples he gave was they check and recheck the cars before loading them then the car is moved to a designated storage lot based on location of delivery. Once the region area the car is going to has enough cars for a full truck load (various models) they are reloaded and shipped to the dealership.
TerpFan, Check out this thread started by Small Dealer about Transit Time Research It should give you a good idea about the kind of delivery times you can expect. But the short answer is yes, 2 to 3 weeks is typical delivery time from when the car is completed.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Could anyone shed any light on my delivery time also. I am not in first 1000, I ordered on 4/15/05 when I could not get in on first 1000. The dealer said the order was picked up or entered on 8/4/05. He said it usually takes 4 - 6 weeks after this but he is unsure with the Solstice. I am #1 on his first allocation. Thanks.

·
Dragon Rider
1,071 Posts
My situation is similar to Soldstice. I configured my vehicle 4/16/05. The sales manager said he would get it punched into the system the first thing that Monday. I had originally ordered Deep but changed it to Myst. I was called a week later by the salesman to verify which interior I wanted. I told him Steel/Sand. Finally after weeks of bugging the dealership to keep updated, when I caught word production had started, I checked again and was told the dealerships first allocation of 3 Sols(I'm #2!!!) would be produced the week of 8/15. This past Friday both the salesman and the substitute manager(regular sales manager does ordering for Pontiac and Caddy inventories, this guy does the GMC inventory, but was covering all while the other was on vacation) left messages on my machine. I had left instructions to notify me when they got a VIN#.
The fill-in had learned at the last miunte that it was time to finalize the orders for their first Solstice allocation. He went step-by-step over my configuration. Glad he did. Turned out the Deep hadn't been changed to Myst and it still wasn't noted in my file about which interior I wanted. They also thought I wanted the chrome wheels, I said no, I wanted the Polished Aluminum. They did however have on file the accessories I wanted. After he verified the info one more time, I asked for a total: $25,995 + labor(which he said would be another $100) Said he would "build" the car the next day(this past Saturday) and send to GM Monday(today). Expected the car in 4 to six weeks . Would keep me posted on progress.

·
Registered
5,302 Posts
Soldstice 41505 said:
Could anyone shed any light on my delivery time also. I am not in first 1000, I ordered on 4/15/05 when I could not get in on first 1000. The dealer said the order was picked up or entered on 8/4/05. He said it usually takes 4 - 6 weeks after this but he is unsure with the Solstice. I am #1 on his first allocation. Thanks.
there is a big difference in the dealer entering the order in VOMS and GM picking up or perferencing the order..remember they will build the first 1000 cars first..then the free maintenance and zero zippers next.. then the first allocation cars.....ours...was ordered on 7/19 but has yet to be picked up against our dealers allocation.....we are #3 on his list.....check with your dealer and see if you get a 3000 series code for a status from VOMS..that will certainly indicated some progress...my understanding is 4-6 weeks to delivery once the car has been coded for build....3300 I beleive is the code.....anyoen else help him out??

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
total: $25,995 + labor(which he said would be another $100)
What the heck is plus labor. Was he charging you for entering the order into the system?

·
Registered
193 Posts
Can someone explain to me what the Zero Zip and Free Maintenance is all about? I've seen references to these several times on the forum. I've tried doing a search but I get so many hits without explanations I don't know where to begin.

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
ojohnson said:
Can someone explain to me what the Zero Zip and Free Maintenance is all about? I've seen references to these several times on the forum. I've tried doing a search but I get so many hits without explanations I don't know where to begin.
It's still in working stages but few of the questions are answered in our ordering FAQ:
http://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3789

·
Registered
193 Posts
I found it. I should have just looked at a couple more threads in the search results before I gave up.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Non EOP orders might be awhile. I'm an EOP (First 1,000) order and was coded 3000 on May 26th. I made it to 3400 on Jul 12th but am back at 3000 as of Jul 20th. Hopefully production will ramp up soon and all the cars will be coming to a dealer near you soon!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts