Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From what I've read the best about thing the Solstice is the sticker pirce of under 20K, what I want to know is where is this car? All the dealers around here are telling me 26-30k is what they want? I thought bank robbing was illegal? Gary

·
Registered
70 Posts
It was under 20k until the dealers realized how hot it is! :devil:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
SLY--everything except xm, onstar, & smokers package

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
At the rate Pontiac and their dealers are pi$$ing-off the people that want this car :brentil: it might not be long before you can pick one up for MSRP (or less :leaving: )

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
MAKsys said:
At the rate Pontiac and their dealers are pi$$ing-off the people that want this car :brentil: it might not be long before you can pick one up for MSRP (or less :leaving: )
You would have to order a stripped model and it's 19995.00 with shipping.There are alot of dealers selling at MSRP. But I don't think you will find a stripped one.

·
5,641 Posts
turbomangt said:
From what I've read the best about thing the Solstice is the sticker pirce of under 20K, what I want to know is where is this car? All the dealers around here are telling me 26-30k is what they want? I thought bank robbing was illegal? Gary
First off there was never a $19,500 model. Base price without any options for a Solstice is $19,995.

Secondly, very few people wanted the base model. Most order equipment with many fully loading the car to push the MSRP to $25,000 or more.

Third, the public showed that they felt the Solstice was worth more then MSRP buy listing, selling and buying the car in places like eBay.

Lastly, you are correct that bank robbery is illegal. So you must find another way to pay for a Solstice. Many have found bank loans both legal and affordable in the 5.9% APR range.

Bonzo Audit Scorecard :)
Defend Dealership: No Critical Dealership: No
Defend GM: No Critical GM: No
Provide Infomation: Yes
Answer Question: Yes
General Conversation: No

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Like I said before, I will wait for the price to come down and in time order one with a turbo. I waited when I ordered my PT Cruiser and was the first to get a Turbo at my dealer. I have no regrets, the car performs much better then the stock model. I guess when I get my Solstice I can honestly say I'll have twin turbo's ;) :willy:

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
turbomangt said:
Like I said before, I will wait for the price to come down and in time order one with a turbo. I waited when I ordered my PT Cruiser and was the first to get a Turbo at my dealer. I have no regrets, the car performs much better then the stock model. I guess when I get my Solstice I can honestly say I'll have twin turbo's ;) :willy:
I heard the turbo is going to be 5,000.00 more, just for the turbo alone.Now add options. Any one can pipe in if they know something different.

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
If you order early and get a signed MSRP contract like most of us did there's absolutely no issue of paying over MSRP. Also if you just do some real leg work you'll find plenty of dealers selling at MSRP still.

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
deluke said:
I heard the turbo is going to be 5,000.00 more, just for the turbo alone.Now add options. Any one can pipe in if they know something different.
If the GXP does cost $5k more for the base I'm betting you'll get far more then just a Turbocharged engine. GM is trying to compete with Mazda on this, they're not going to price themselves out of their competitions range for a base car.

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
brentil said:
If the GXP does cost $5k more for the base I'm betting you'll get far more then just a Turbocharged engine. GM is trying to compete with Mazda on this, they're not going to price themselves out of their competitions range for a base car.
Thanks.

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
deluke said:
I just wanted to add that I have yet to really see any creditable rumors about what kind of price the GXP will carry when it hits market. So I would take any blanket number you hear such as this one with a grain of salt. Lots of people are speculating, but that is just wild speculation.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Small Dealer said:
Lastly, you are correct that bank robbery is illegal. So you must find another way to pay for a Solstice. Many have found bank loans both legal and affordable in the 5.9% APR range.
:lol: :lol:

Regarding the expected GXP, if the basic model is limited in number and priced at a premium, can you imagine how things will be for the even more scarce and arguably more desirable GXP?

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
Good point Breeze. Chances are the GXP will have a strong initial demand too. Hopefully, with the base Sol eating up a lot of the people who just have to have the car for it's styling, it won't be as bad. That said, I am sure some dealers will still try to gouch, and supply will certainly be tight.

One thing that may help is that the Sky Redline will also be on the market at about the same time, adding volume and dispersing some people away from the Sol.

You bring up a good question too. Supply. We have yet to really touch on how limited GM will make the GXP? Will they set a number, like 5,000 a year (25%)? Will they allow up to half?

Price is also a big factor here. If the price really jumps, it will help curtail some of the rabid demand we see now. If it is the screaming deal the base car is (and I have a feeling it will be) then who knows.

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Fformula88 said:
One thing that may help is that the Sky Redline will also be on the market at about the same time, adding volume and dispersing some people away from the Sol.
But how much will it really help since they will be produced on the same line? I will be really surprised if this car in any of it's forms is easy to get for at least three years.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Fformula88 said:
I just wanted to add that I have yet to really see any creditable rumors about what kind of price the GXP will carry when it hits market. So I would take any blanket number you hear such as this one with a grain of salt. Lots of people are speculating, but that is just wild speculation.
Well, the best bet is to look at the competition. The Mazdaspeed Miata's MSRP is $26,340 with only a single package (Grand Touring) available for $800 plus a few little options here and there (cargo net, chrome fuel door, perimeter alarm, etc.). However, the Mazdaspeed Miata comes pretty much loaded (AC, power windows/locks, 6-spd, LSD, upgraded suspension, Bose 6-disc, ABS, Racing Hart wheels, performance tires, body kit, etc.), with the option of leather and cloth top. I wonder how Pontiac will equip the GXP. I would imagine they will try to keep the price below what Mazda was charging for the Mazdaspeed.

·
Registered
145 Posts
turbomangt said:
That's a car with NO options. Good luck finding one like that. Most dealers are ordering with almost all options, since they make additional profits off of the options. Dealers are also EXTREMELY limited in their allotment for the Solstice. Most have their allotment presold and have waiting lists for anyone who drops out of the presell.

Some dealers have also pre-ordered some cars with a bunch of options to sell to whoever. Again, more options mean more profits for them. And that's not including the dealers that are price gouging and marking them over MSRP.

These cars are HOT, and GM has more orders than they plan on making this year. In these orders came in BEFORE a single Solstice has been seen on the road. Now that a lot of F1K cars are on the road and GM has started shipping regular production cars, you'll see more and more of them on the road. Your average person doesn't even know that these cars exist. As soon as they see them, it will pique their interest. Some will go to the dealers to look for the car and some will place a preorder for them.

For all intents and purpose, 2006 model has been sold out and part of the 2007 production. When consumer interest starts getting headway, the rest of the 2k7 production will have a waiting list for them too.

·
2,574 Posts
turbomangt said:
I hate to see people flat out discouraged from searching for a deal. They are still available if you take the time. There are examples here almost daily. One was reported yesterday here for MSRP with delivery in approx 3 weeks. 1st allocations are still available, scarce but available. The car can be had at MSRP without all the bells and whistles. :yesnod:

·
4,592 Posts
The Sol I saw yesterday had a sticker, it's base price was $19,495 (give or take a few bucks - i'm quoting from memory), and shipping was on top of that making it 19,995, so I guess the 19,995 base price we've seen for some time has become 19495, I know it's splitting hairs, same diff, but I tought it was interesting.........

I'm probably missing something, and it's probably always been this way, but I thought the base was 19995 (and shipping/destination was in that price). I do understand it's all the same, just in the language, but wouldn't they enjoy sayng 19495 more as a selling point?

·
Registered
275 Posts
brentil said:
That's exactly rught. So far, GM has undercut Mazda's Miata by $2000
(at least). The turbo will come with other stuff perhaps (suspension mods?),
but the addition of the turbo itself won't be anywhere near $5000.

·
Premium Member
4,053 Posts
brentil said:
Yeah, GM would never do something that stupid. :lol:

1 - 20 of 34 Posts