Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
847 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I posted a question about seafoam earlier, and figured out a good spot to put some of the seafoam in is the evap solenoid, can someone show me where this is? Also, the spray version of seafoam is for use in the throttle body, can someone show me how to get to this... (i believe you disconnect a hose, and then press the pedal and the blades show??) ...thank you guys, I tried googling around to find any complete engine diagrams, but i couldnt find any...hopefully someone can help me out

·
Registered
406 Posts
thank you DDMworks! that should help

·
Registered
847 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thank you!! also are the 4 plug type things on top (when you take cover off) the spark plugs?

·
Registered
263 Posts
they are the ignition coils, there is one for each plug, you disconnect the connectors and remove the bolt (10mm?) and the plugs are underneath

·
Vendor
1,394 Posts
Hey guys, I posted a question about seafoam earlier, and figured out a good spot to put some of the seafoam in is the evap solenoid, can someone show me where this is? Also, the spray version of seafoam is for use in the throttle body, can someone show me how to get to this... (i believe you disconnect a hose, and then press the pedal and the blades show??) ...thank you guys, I tried googling around to find any complete engine diagrams, but i couldnt find any...hopefully someone can help me out
There are 2 different locations depending on if you are a 2.0L or a 2.4L. The 2.0L is in the video above, the 2.4L is behind the cylinder head between it and the firewall.

·
Registered
847 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the response! Ok so, I do not try to pour the seafoam through the nipple when I take the hose off, I should unbolt the evap solenoid and take it out and pour it through the opening? And it's ok to start the car when the evap solenoid is disconnected?

·
Registered
847 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Mine is the 2.0, also can someone explain/show me were the throttle body is, so I can spray the blades?

·
Vendor
1,394 Posts
Mine is the 2.0, also can someone explain/show me were the throttle body is, so I can spray the blades?
The throttle body is under the intake manifold. Follow the charge tube on the drivers side of the car back towards the engine, there will be a rubber hose that attaches from the charge tube to the throttle body. It will not be very easy to spray the throttle body, FYI.

·
Registered
847 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok thanks, maybe I'll just try through the evap solenoid, it says you could use a brake line hose as well, but the evap seems like it would distribute the seafoam more evenly

·
Registered
406 Posts

theres a picture i circled the TB then put an arrow pointing the way the air flow is moving in to the TB :thumbs:

·
Registered
847 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thank you :) ...also am I right in thinking I need to unbolt and take off the evap solenoid to put the seafoam in, because If in the video he said if u blow on the nipple u should not be able to pass air through it, so I doubt I should try to pour it there??

·
Vendor
1,394 Posts
Thank you :) ...also am I right in thinking I need to unbolt and take off the evap solenoid to put the seafoam in, because If in the video he said if u blow on the nipple u should not be able to pass air through it, so I doubt I should try to pour it there??
Correct, you should not try to pour the seafoam through the evap solenoid.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts