Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

With the latest info on trunk space/top operation/top up trunk access, which are you?

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 94 Posts

·
4,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Knowing what we know now (01/16/2005) about trunk space, top up trunk access, and overall top operation, where does the roadster sit on your list.

This poll could show Pontiac that either, interest is not dropping off, or many are becoming dissapointed with what they see to date. Please vote even if you are not a regular poster on the forum!

·
Registered
533 Posts
I don't see a poll checklist, but right now the Solstice is currently tied with the new Miata on the top of my short list. Need to see actual photos and a road test of the new Mazda to be sure about which one will sit in my garage next.

·
4,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
tcl said:
I don't see a poll checklist, but right now the Solstice is currently tied with the new Miata on the top of my short list. Need to see actual photos and a road test of the new Mazda to be sure about which one will sit in my garage next.
tcl, check again, I think you may have posted as the poll was posting! If anyone else sees a problem, we'll get Bob....errr......Solsticeman to fix it :thumbs

And, tcl, I wanted to get those choices to be good ones, would you consider yourself option "B", I woud think so.

·
Registered
533 Posts
I see it now. Yes, I'm a "B" but not because the Solstice slipped. More because the rumored specs on the new Miata elevated that vehicle on to my short list.

·
4,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
tcl said:
I see it now. Yes, I'm a "B" but not because the Solstice slipped. More because the rumored specs on the new Miata elevated that vehicle on to my short list.
Thanks tcl! It's tough to get those options to be short, and yet give enough flex for people to fit into a particular option. But that's what the post section of a poll thread is for!!!

I am personally between two options, and will vote/explain shortly.

this could be a very telling poll, I look forward to the results :smile Pontiac, are you watching???

·
4,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was really fence sitting on option C and D. at first I thought C, as there is still a chance I could consider one once I see it and fall in love with it all over again.

But, the MSM hold-me-over is the critical factor! I would be a "C" for sure without the MSM, but now I'm a "D" for sure because of the MSM. How could I go from such convenience in all categories that relate to the top and trunk with MSM, to a lack of convenience with the Solstice. I'm a "D"!

Now, that could change as they alter the vehicle in coming years. i'm also anxious to see the NC Miata.

simply put, many here will be form over function, but I am function over form (within reason, the form is still important, and the MSM has great form)!

Now don't go asking why I'm still here, there's still a lot to learn about this nice looking roadster! :thumbs

:lurk & :cheers

·
Premium Member
10,364 Posts
I voted C just to let Pontiac know that they need to come clean pretty soon. However the reality is, no one knows for sure what the true production car will have until GM/Pontiac gives us, ALL the details. I do not understand the marketing arm of GM/Pontiac, because base on the number of people (Guest) that come to this forum, they are potentialy loosing a lot of would be buyers. This car is now only 5 month away, why they are letting so much negative speculation be publish, is beyond my comprehension. One last thing, the SKY is my current choice any way.

·
4,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
LatinVenom said:
I voted C just to let Pontiac know that they need to come clean pretty soon. However the reality is, no one knows for sure what the true production car will have until GM/Pontiac gives us, ALL the details. I do not understand the marketing arm of GM/Pontiac, because base on the number of people (Guest) that come to this forum, they are potentialy loosing a lot of would be buyers. This car is now only 5 month away, why they are letting so much negative speculation be publish, is beyond my comprehension. One last thing, the SKY is my current choice any way.
Smart move LatinVenom! This poll may serve to send Pontiac/Saturn a message, should there be a message to send. And, the vote is based on what we know as of today, obviously things can still change.

I guess this poll will be biased, afterall, most everyone hear likes the car a lot! But will this poll catch a slide in interest?

It would definately be great to hear from our non-regular posters, they are likely the ones that will make this a TRULY EFFECTIVE poll :thumbs

Let's encourage our guests to register, and vote, this could be an important poll, for the current Solstice, and future Solstice designs :smile

·
Premium Member
10,364 Posts
RODEO said:
It would definately be great to hear from our non-regular posters, they are likely the ones that will make this a TRULY EFFECTIVE poll :thumbs

Let's encourage our guests to register, and vote, this could be an important poll, for the current Solstice, and future Solstice designs :smile
I could not agree more. :thumbs

·
Registered
10 Posts
It would be interesting to run an identical poll of those that have seen the Solstice in person. It is stunning! Can't wait to test drive-I'll have my checkbook with me.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I'm an "E", I won't be buying on account of the top/trunk issues. HOWEVER, I still intend to hang out here and follow the development of the car. I wasn't planning on buying the first year anyway (was waiting for the forced induction version), so I'm holding out hope for a re-design of the top/trunk in the first year or two. Solstice was going to be a daily driver for me, so the current set-up is a deal breaker.

-Stephen M

·
Premium Member
10,364 Posts
To bad the SKY was not there for you to see, that is what I am waiting for, both of them Solstice/SKY on the same show to make a live in person choice. Right now is the SKY.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Depending on how the car is used would influence my decision.

I'm looking forward to a roadster for fun, short weekend trips - not a vacation car or every day car.

Disappointments, yes, the trunk is one, along with the fact that GM has kept everyone in the dark concerning the top, the opening method for the trunk (electric or manual?), and allowing all of the second guessing. But for what I'm looking for, a no frills weekend car, it's almost a homerun.

·
4,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
RODEO said:
Pontiac, are you watching???
eatoninside said:
Even if they are, the folks at GM are so arrogant they aren't going to listen to anyone anyway!
OK, Mazda, are you watching??? :jester

·
4,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Michael said:
Rodeo, you make me laugh. I'll wager your wife thinks you're a pistol. :lol
Nah, she thinks I'm a dud, that's why I got a roadster ;) Need all the help I can get :cool

·
Registered
110 Posts
I voted.....

I voted A the size of the trunk is not important to me. I don't golf or travel much with my car so I really don't care how big the trunk is. Although I might wait for the automatic transmission to come out. This stick just seems like such a hassle. It's funny everyone seems concerned if there are cup holders or not but how can you drive a stick and drink your coffee or soda at the same time???????? I'm pushing for the automatic..... :smile

1 - 20 of 94 Posts