Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I have installed an aftermarket radio with Xm and was wondering where the best place to mount the XM antenna. Right now I have it mounted on my windshield which looks very tacky. Any help is much appreciated.

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's the factory one which won't work with the aftermarket

·
Premium Member
2,212 Posts
still though can't you remove the factory one if you have it and install it in it's place? if not then what about on the rear pilar between the tulip panels. you'd have easy access with the waterfall removed. If you do end up mounting it where Bob has his, I'd suggest painting the window trim black. it's go real good with the yellow and would make it much less noticeable.

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm going to try to mount it under the visor on the inside of the windshield surround. Just not sure if it will get a signal

·
Premium Member
2,212 Posts
I tried something very similar and got poor results. Bought a am/fm/cd/dvd/gps for my sons nissan frontier and I had the thing mounted on the visor and the GPS signal was too weak there. moved it to outside right above the windshield and it was night and day difference.

·
Registered
4,143 Posts
IBD, remove the surround behind the seats, there is a shelf on top of the center compartment that you can see with it out. I put mine there. i have my GPS antenna there also.

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Deep I just pulled the panel off and was going to mount it there but I got no signal so it's on the dash in the corner so you ct really see it

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.