Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
929 Posts
If @The_Ghost passes on buying it consider it sold. I will defiantly buy it. I do plan on getting close to 600HP with my car in the next 2 years. I am not sure if the OE manual transmission will hold up even with an upgraded flywheel and clutch. I tracked down a brand new 6 speed that is for a 2.0 GM LTG engine. The price is really good also at 1800.00, it should bolt right up. the transmission is a Tremec 3160 and is used in the current Shelby GT 350's and those are putting down 520 or so HP stock. So the transmission is more then capable. I know the diff is a weak point and I have to do some research to see what I can find that would be the least amount of headache to put into the car..

I defiantly will buy that intercooler from you.

·
Registered
929 Posts
OI also wanted to add to this thread and make sure that everyone knows that bigger != better in all cases. Your intercooler size should be matched to the turbo along with the type of driving you do. when you increase the size of the intercooler this adds more volume to the charge air side of the turbo. It will take more time for the turbo to fill that additional space. that additional time is going to cause more turbo lag if the intercoooler is sized to big. So it's a balance and there is no math too compute what the ideal/best size is. You want a low pressure drop across the intercoooler < 1PSI, so this could be considered the smallest size needed the optimum size is going to be based on application and driving style. if you drag race the car then the smallest size would be enough, heat soak would typically be a non issue because of the length of time the car is operating under heavy boost. where as is racing heat soak would be a big concern.... the same kind of thing applies to personal use as well. highway driving = turbo not spooled up as often and the car is moving at a greater speed then around town driving. a smaller intercooler may be the ideal pick. if you drive mostly in town, heat soak would be a concern so a larger intercooler would be the right choice.

·
Registered
7,147 Posts
Good point about the lag with oversized ICs.

From Vividracing:

Do Intercoolers Add Horsepower?
To put it simply: no, a turbo intercooler will not really add any horsepower to your car. It does, however, give you much more wiggle room for a more aggressive tune without the risk of harming your engine.

It should be noted, however, that too large of an intercooler can actually do more harm than good. If you have an extremely massive intercooler, you will cause more turbocharger lag and more drag inside the whole system.

·
Registered
859 Posts
Thanks....I might take you up on that offer. Depends on an upcoming vehicle purchase. I'm after a 2020 Camaro 2SS with the 1LE package, but it's in NJ. I'll know more after the weekend and might take you up on that offer!
Hi The Ghost, just following up on what transpired over the weekend and if you have an interest in the Hahn?

·
Registered
859 Posts
Hi The Ghost, just a final post as I don't want to bother you or take away from your post. Planning on selling this to another member shortly if I do not hear hear from you.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts