Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

What type of Pillar Gauge Pod set-up do you want?

• Triple Gauge Pod - I want to know everything I can!

Votes: 229 55.6%
  • Double Gauge Pod - 3 gauges is too much!

Votes: 83 20.1%
  • Single Gauge Pod - I just want to know one thing...

Votes: 17 4.1%
  • What is a pod? Does this have anything to do with the Aliens? And who is iPod anyway?

Votes: 83 20.1%
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gravana is working on a Pillar Gauge Pod prototype and we need your input. We appreciate your feedback!

Jim

·
Registered
403 Posts
Oil Temp, Oil Pressure and Charging System (Voltage) (and Boost in future) would be great.

Gauges can show trends or show the effect of different driving conditions and for that reason I suggest that everyone consider them.

An idiot light can't do that.

·
Registered
905 Posts
A Boost gauge would be cool once I get a Turbo, but other then that I don't need anything else that's not already there.

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
Personally if I got a boosted system I would want the boost guage in the pillar. The other guages I would want more out of the way off to the side on the dash area or in the controls area.

·
Registered
230 Posts
What if you don't want any additional pillar gages? I am interested in additional gages, however, I think having them on the pillar looks a little too "ricer"

·
Registered
621 Posts
Nix Sol said:
What if you don't want any additional pillar gages? I am interested in additional gages, however, I think having them on the pillar looks a little too "ricer"
:agree:

·
5,600 Posts
All 3 guages, please. You can't have too much information.

·
Premium Member
4,041 Posts
I would like all three gauges but not on the pillar. I think it would kill the sleek lines of the car. I'm up for suggestions on a dash mounted locatron that blends into the car's styling.

·
2,574 Posts
Ex-Miata Man said:
I would like all three gauges but not on the pillar. I think it would kill the sleek lines of the car. I'm up for suggestions on a dash mounted locatron that blends into the car's styling.

I'm with EX. ;) And, careful of glare. (I know you know, but I said it anyway!)

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Nix Sol said:
Ricer... Really? I grew up on Trans-Ams, Camaros and Mustangs in the 80s and the pillar pods were "the thing". I did not see pillar pods on any imports until the 90s. Maybe I am just old...

Thanks again for your honesty!

Jim

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
gravana1 said:
Ricer... Really? I grew up on Trans-Ams, Camaros and Mustangs in the 80s and the pillar pods were "the thing". I did not see pillar pods on any imports until the 90s. Maybe I am just old...

Thanks again for your honesty!

Jim

:agree: I am with you. Guages are a muscle car creation that was modded into ricers when they realized the functionality. I personally had a WS6 Trams Am which had pillar guages for air mixture and fuel pressure.

I would like to have the guages for a Turbo pressure guage, oil pressure and a fuel relay pressure guage once they are installed. I personally could live with a two guage, but three would be sweet :thumbs:

·
Registered
994 Posts
Has the technology progressed far enough to the point where these gauges can be projected onto the windshield yet?

I think that would be an ideal place to read all your stats as you drive.

·
Premium Member
940 Posts
Ex-Miata Man said:
:agree:

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
Slicer said:
Has the technology progressed far enough to the point where these gauges can be projected onto the windshield yet?

The Corvette has a HUD option that does those types of things. I believe the Grand Prix and Rendezvouse (I know the Rend does) have HUD options also. I was very dissapointed that the Solstice was not given an official HUD option.

The problem with HUDs is that unless the dashboard is designed from the start to accomidate one it's very difficult to make one that will produce quality images due to placement.

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Slicer said:

you mean an HUD? (heads up display)
yes that has been out for some time now.

·
Registered
5,686 Posts
All three in the dash, maybe where the airbag light is currently located.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.