Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, ever since I first got this sexy beast of a car I've noticed that it tends to whine in the lower gears at 2.5-3k RPM. Automatic car, 2.4 stock.

It usually whines in a sweet spot on the accelerator. Right between feeding the motor and not. It basically requires me to let the car slow down or to speed up if I want to avoid the whine. Is this normal? Thanks.

·
Registered
4,886 Posts
First off, how many miles? Next I wouldn't worry about it too much. Usually transmissions get their whiniest at that sweet spot because the teeth on the gears are hitting both sides instead of just one side of the teeth.... Listen to a an in-car race came once and see what I mean. At least that's been my experience, maybe someone else can chime in....

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
First off, how many miles? Next I wouldn't worry about it too much. Usually transmissions get their whiniest at that sweet spot because the teeth on the gears are hitting both sides instead of just one side of the teeth.... Listen to a an in-car race came once and see what I mean. At least that's been my experience, maybe someone else can chime in....
Makes sense. The car just hit 101k miles so it's been though some.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts