Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi all,
Am thinking of getting a white stripe kit / package and having it professionally installed on my Black Coupe. Normally, I would go to Tony at ASAP for something like this but he is not making things for our kappas at this point. Found this kit on EBay. Questions as follows:
1) What do you think of this stripe package in white on a black coupe?
2) Anybody bought from this company? Any other companies that make these for a Coupe that you can recommend?
3) Is white the right colour?
4) To stripe or not to stripe......thoughts?
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/350287029679?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT
For those who have done it please feel free to post pics here of your striped Coupe.
Cheers,
NS

·
AKA SolWhat?
10,607 Posts
Did you mean to post a pic in this post, hard to answer your questions without some way to ID the vender.

:dunno:

·
Premium Member
4,262 Posts
Did you mean to post a pic in this post, hard to answer your questions without some way to ID the vender.

:dunno:

:agree: One option to try is to go to a local graphics company or someone that does the car wraps and have a set of stripes made for you .To add one of our members (vzzpOc) has a white coupe with black stripes which really looks great might want to contact him for some info he has the car for sale it's listed on the forum

·
Premium Member
3,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Premium Member
17,531 Posts
OK

I love the idea of the stripe but seriously, You have a yellow convertible with black accents that looks wonderful. Why would you not do the same for your coupe? Nice yellow accents tastefully done.

·
Premium Member
2,042 Posts
As stingya said. Local is better. You can go to their office. They will take a picture of your car, add the stripe to the car so you can see what it will look like. You can make changes that make it yours. And most likely get far better product and quality of installation. Should not cost that much. They can start the stripe in white, fade to green or silver (meaning insert any color). These guys are normally artists.

Not much into buying stuff like that on line. I want to see it, the quality of, track record of how long it will last and type of warranty that comes with it.

I have an FJ Cruiser that has the top, and the hood wrapped. Has been for 9 years. It sets outside every day, gets beat on regularly and it still looks good. Normal life expectancy is 4-5 years. On one of our cars that are/will be pampered, should be lifetime.

I have it on my Skpel in the stripe over the front and back, and my green car is a total wrap. Been messing with this stuff for many years. Get a pro to make it and install it. You will be happier I think.

·
Registered
7,478 Posts
I'm going to assume you're thinking of the Heritage/Street Edition stripe. If you like classic combo's then a white stripe on a black car is the way to go. OTOH, I think a bright silver stripe would look beautiful on your black coupe. The reason I choose silver for our red car was because black (while classic) wasn't flashy enough for me, and I choose red on our black vert because of this:

If I ever get a scooped hood I'd like to emulate the Corvette's stinger stripe design while also keeping it as close to the Heritage/Street Edition design stripe as possible. The classic red/black combo on this restomod Vette looks just as nice today as it did the day it rolled off the end of the assembly line.

·
Premium Member
3,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks guys. Does anyone have the measurements for the OEM GM stripe? I have a great graphics guy who I am sure could replicate it. Keep the info and feedback coming.

·
Registered
398 Posts
I bought my white strip from them and love it!

·
Premium Member
3,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
OK

I love the idea of the stripe but seriously, You have a yellow convertible with black accents that looks wonderful. Why would you not do the same for your coupe? Nice yellow accents tastefully done.
I want the stripe the way GM would have done it. The yellow would be....powerful!!!! I am pretty sold on white but silver is a thought as well.

·
Premium Member
3,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

·
Premium Member
3,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I'm going to assume you're thinking of the Heritage/Street Edition stripe. If you like classic combo's then a white stripe on a black car is the way to go. OTOH, I think a bright silver stripe would look beautiful on your black coupe. The reason I choose silver for our red car was because black (while classic) wasn't flashy enough for me, and I choose red on our black vert because of this:

If I ever get a scooped hood I'd like to emulate the Corvette's stinger stripe design while also keeping it as close to the Heritage/Street Edition design stripe as possible. The classic red/black combo on this restomod Vette looks just as nice today as it did the day it rolled off the end of the assembly line.
Yes to the heritage street edition stripe. Is that what the eBay one is? Red, would be ..........powerful!!!! White seems to feel right for me!

·
Registered
398 Posts
Yes, GM did put stripes on some coupes. Try looking up images of flashes owner's. His wife had a factory white stripe on a wicked coupe. Very cool.

·
Registered
7,478 Posts
Yes to the heritage street edition stripe. Is that what the eBay one is? Red, would be ..........powerful!!!! White seems to feel right for me!

If I had to do it over again on the vert I'd increase the stripe width about two inches (maybe three) for a little more visual impact. On the coupe I asked to have the stripe extended over the rear spoiler, but I forgot to tell the graphic artist to square off the bottom of the stripe. In order to fix it I'd have to special order the metallic vinyl again, if it's still available.

I wanted the red stripe extended over the vert spoiler too, but the installer told me that the Aftershock spoiler had too much curvature too it, and the vinyl wouldn't stretch over it without wrinkling the vinyl. It is extended onto the spoiler, just not wrapped over it.

I believe SolNut (Thanks again SN) is the person who took the OEM stripe measurement and sent me a PDF of them, but it's been so long I'm not sure where I filed it.

BTW, I believe the Ebay coupe stripe is based on the OEM stripe.

Not a great pic, but it's the only thing I have showing the two different colored stripes next to each other.

·
Premium Member
3,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Chop,
Your two Sols look stunning. I love what you have done with both of them with the stripes......awesome!!!! Thanks for clarifying that the eBay stripe kit is based on the OEM one. That is where I want to go.

L'N'F'
I can't thank you enough for posting the pics of your Coupe. Pretty well makes my mind up for me. The manufacturer looks like they know what they are doing and eBay reviews are good. Going to wait to hear from my installer and then most likely move forward.

I would of done a black stripe on my "mean machine" but I felt the OEM luggage rack on the deck lid would mess up the flow. Also, when I got Norm's one scoop hood I kinda of felt I had everything right in roadster world.

It is neat to be able to create a different vision with the Coupe. I am lucky to have them both. Lot's of "Sol Joy" here.

·
Premium Member
2,042 Posts
The 1967 427 hood was the best looking one ever made for me. I had a red 67/435/427 tri power with the black hood stripe. Back when a Vette was a Vette. Not on every other corner. I had hoped Norms new hood would look a little closer to the Vette hood. I would have been in the market for one for sure.

I understand the idea of making it look GM. Just have your graphics guy show you all he can do. Wider, outlines.

I am thinking about something on the Mallett along the same lines.

·
Premium Member
3,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Personally, I'm a two strip kinda guy, but hey, each to his own
My pal Harley has a mean Sol with the RK hood. He did the same with the black paint and it looks amazing!

1 - 20 of 37 Posts