Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
5,600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To offer tan interiors in the Solstice next year.

I swear, I am sitting here looking at pictures of red Solsti and they are just screaming out for a rich tan leather interior. I'm not kidding.

Black on black always looks good - but black with tan leather looks fabulous as well. The tan would also complement the blue and green cars. It won't work in the silver and white cars. But red, black, blue and green is fully half the color choices.

This HAS to be an option on the cars next year. I am perfectly willing to pay a reasonable premium to cover the additional cost of carrying 3 choices of interior over the current 2 choice.

Tan is not a luxury in these cars, it is a plain necessity. The dark grey leather looks good in a way but simply won't work for warmer climates. And some people (me) simply prefer the look of a rich tan leather to a darker color.

S-man, make my day with rumors of tan leather for 2007.

Please, please, please Pontiac. Just make it. :willy:

·
Premium Member
10,475 Posts
The SKY will come with the Tan option according the our sister forum, so maybe the 2007 Solstice will incorporate them also.

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
The Sky will prolly also come with the shown red/black combo seat.

·
Registered
687 Posts
Tan Interior Info

My dealer told me around two weeks ago that he had received info that you could order any interior color with any exterior color. Have your dealer check it out. If it is not scheduled for production you should be able to change your order.

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
jimbo said:
To offer tan interiors in the Solstice next year.

rs, it is a plain necessity. The dark grey leather looks good in a way but simply won't work for warmer climates. And some people (me) simply prefer the look of a rich tan leather to a darker color.

S-man, make my day with rumors of tan leather for 2007.

Please, please, please Pontiac. Just make it. :willy:
Well you surely have tradition on your side. The BRG MGs with tan hides, Red Ferraris with Tan glove leather interiors. And the reason of interior temp is true anywhere the sun shines.

We bought our Volvo wagon in June and there must have been a 10C temperature difference between tan and charcoal interiored cars.

There is a reason why solar collectors are black! That is why I orderd two-tone with Silver. And guess what the inteior color of my Solstice Substitute Vehicle (SSV) is, ... tan. And it looks just fine with steel blue, IMHO. :thumbs:

·
5,600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Fortyninenorth said:
Well you surely have tradition on your side. The BRG MGs with tan hides, Red Ferraris with Tan glove leather interiors. And the reason of interior temp is true anywhere the sun shines.

There is a reason why solar collectors are black!
You would think GM would get a clue. But then they wouldn't be GM. :brentil:

·
Premium Member
9,964 Posts
:agree: Dark green TA had tan leather-loved it. Even sitting outside in the Sacramento sun, tops out, when I came out to cruise to lunch, the burns were only 1st degree, :lol: Black leather, and I would still be in the car, permanently welded to the seat :glol:

·
Registered
176 Posts
Uncle! I'll pay....

How much to bribe them to deliver my car?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts