Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have loved the XLR since going to Dallas to drive it at the most elaborate ride and drive I have ever been to, I just had to be reminded by driving one again. I got to take a customer on a short test drive in the Black XLR I have on the showroom, and WOW!

Adaptive Cruise, touch screen navigation, and it looks like an arrow running down the road.....

Magnetic ride Control is so cool, just makes little bumps disappear...

Not to mention the most unique "transformer" top in the world....

Would make a great replacement for a Solstice.

I will trade it for 3 solstices, if anyone is interested....

·
Registered
5,302 Posts
cadillacricket said:
I have loved the XLR since going to Dallas to drive it at the most elaborate ride and drive I have ever been to, I just had to be reminded by driving one again. I got to take a customer on a short test drive in the Black XLR I have on the showroom, and WOW!

Adaptive Cruise, touch screen navigation, and it looks like an arrow running down the road.....

Magnetic ride Control is so cool, just makes little bumps disappear...

Not to mention the most unique "transformer" top in the world....

Would make a great replacement for a Solstice.

I will trade it for 3 solstices, if anyone is interested....

yea...I would..but $75k plus for it...is well.... a bit much for me..for a car....... :yesnod:

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Someone in our area has one (I see it about once a week). Looks fast sitting still - sweet :thumbs:

but unless someone who loves me a awful lot hits the lotto - I'll just be looking. :lol:

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
Awesome car, but it better be for that price tag! :eek:

I'd still probably take a Corvette over an XLR even if I had the money. I have never been crazy about the Cadillac Art and Science styling theme. Yes, it is distinctive and it has worked great for Cadillac, but it's just not for me.

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Fformula88 said:
Awesome car, but it better be for that price tag! :eek:

Surely you jest..... As much as I have harped about selling for over sticker.... For the right buyer I would knock a few bills off of the $77,295 Sticker..... But this is not a sales thread. this is a trade thread. Anybody got three solstices they would get rid of?

I have had three different emails from different Dealers asking if I had a connection on any Solstices they could buy, even if it meant paying over sticker.

If I had access to any Sol's, I would be offering them to you poor waitlisted people at MSRP.

the nerve.......

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
cadillacricket said:
Surely you jest.....
Surely not. Maybe I misunderstood, but I certainly expect a $77,000 car to be awesome!

Good luck on finding 3 Sols! I don't think there are too many extra ones around, especially 3 unaccounted for at one dealer for trade! :eek:

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Fformula88 said:
Surely not. Maybe I misunderstood, but I certainly expect a $77,000 car to be awesome!

Good luck on finding 3 Sols! I don't think there are too many extra ones around, especially 3 unaccounted for at one dealer for trade! :eek:

The car does everything but drive itself, and it does a pretty good job at that too. It really is an amazing car.

I was actually kinda hoping some goofball bought three of them, and couldn't sell them. I have alot of people that could use a Solstice, and not a huge list of people willing to drop 77K on an XLR.

Doesn't stop people coming in and looking at it though...

·
Registered
40 Posts
Cricket, I got your e-mail regarding something very important a must read but could not open it. Could you enlighten me. Thanks Goat Rag.

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ntouched said:
XLR is overpriced! Looks nice, but $75K?, come on....... :yawn:

Have you checked into just how much stuff is on this car? Ever heard of Performance algorithm shifting and lift foot? Magnetic Ride Control? Magnetic Steering? Adaptive Cruise? rear Park Assist? Dent resistant side panels? Touch screen navigation? Bose Stereo? Fully automatic Hardtop, creating a seamless look with top up and down? Balsa Wood Composite filler in the floor pan? 320hp Northstar engine transverse mounted for rear wheel drive?

Not to mention that this car is in direct competition with $100,000 sports cars (mercedes, Jaguar) that don't have a thing on them?

Have you heard how quiet this car is with the top up? The quietest convertible in it's segment.....

Have you ever experienced what happens when the driver looses control of the car? It literally drives itself!!!! It tries to bring the car into the last intended course of the driver...

Most cars have a computer system that reads the Brakes, steering input, etc... The XLR ALSO has a Local Area Network that integrates all of that information and acts on the drivers input....

Go experience a full proper presentation of the car, compare it to anything similar on the market, and you will see the value.

I understand the statement, "I wouldn't pay that much for a car." Or "I don't think it would be worth it TO ME."

But after spending three days in dallas last year driving the XLR, and the Competition, I can honestly say, "the XLR is worth every penny and more!"

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
goat rag said:
Cricket, I got your e-mail regarding something very important a must read but could not open it. Could you enlighten me. Thanks Goat Rag.

resent the email, it was regarding your ability on the net to look up your Driver's License. the link is.....

http://www.license.shorturl.com/

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
ntouched said:
XLR is overpriced! Looks nice, but $75K?, come on....... :yawn:
They could not very well price it LESS than an equivalently optioned 'vette now could they? WHen was the last time an equivalent Caddy cost less than a Chevy. Never in my life, although close. An absolutely fully optioned Caprice Classic or Olds 88 of teh 70's would approach the caddy equal within a few hundred bucks which made the Caddy with all options as standard the better buy. If the linedogs install premium interiors and all power on each and every car they build the cars are overall built better than if they only install the premium stuff on 10-15%.

·
Registered
46 Posts
XLR vs Solstice

cadillacricket said:

Love the XLR - but to be honest in Michigan the Solstice gets the looks from the gallery and other drivers. They point at it, smile at me, ask me if it was $40,000 for it, etc. I get more looks in my little black Solstice than I did in both of my red vettes (2002, 2005). And 1/2 the price! :cool:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts