Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody else think the higher gas prices is a godsend for the enthusiast of smaller, fun-to-drive cars? I've always thought light-weight four cylinder sporty cars were more fun than larger, more powerful cars. And I have to think the Kappa platform was at least partially justified based on fuel prices. I see a lot more motorcycles on the road, and would love to see fewer rolling living rooms (SUVs) taking up valuable asphalt and changing lanes in front of me without signaling. Hopefully even the soccer moms of the world will repent and see the err of their ways, switching to small two-seaters. As soon as an automatic is available, of course.

The future is bright.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I've thought a lot about this aspect of the more-than-doubled fuel prices. Many aspects of this. Ironically, the more economical vehicles now get a price premium- you can get Suburbans relatively cheap now, but try and get an Accord Hybrid.... Some good will come of this in the form of development for future efficient vehicles, sure.

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Depends on how you look at it I guess. But I don't see anything that's positive for me. I want a Sol and am really looking forward to it. But fro so many things I do, a little car just doesn't cut it. And I'ma also a muscle car enthusist, and high gas prices really eat into my budget. Son, no, I don't see it as a positive.

·
Registered
292 Posts
I find it quite depressing that 30 years after the 70s "fuel shortage" we think 20-30 mpg is fuel efficient. :willy:

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Sydney said:
I find it quite depressing that 30 years after the 70s "fuel shortage" we think 20-30 mpg is fuel efficient. :willy:
I don't disagree, but on the other hand full size pickups were getting about 6-12 mpg on the highway and today they are more powerful and getting well over 20 on the highway. So, gains have been made.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts