Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
New member here. Like all of you, I'm very excited about the Solstice, as I've been hoping someone would build a small, inexpensive RWD sports car for a long time. And I've been hoping that someone would be GM, as I've been building up points on my GM Card. :D

But a ragtop just isn't a great option for me where I live and park, so I'm hoping that a fixed-roof version follows soon. I've read the rumors of an '07 Solstice GT coupe, and I'm praying they're true.

Anyone else here holdin' out for the coupe?

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thanks. I like the looks of that mock-up. I also like the concept coupe from a couple years ago.

I guess it's an open question at this point whether a coupe would have same powertrain as the '06 roadster or whether it'd come out only as a high-performance edition (turbo, etc). Personally, the '06 powertrain is enough for me. I just want a real roof.

·
Registered
281 Posts
I'd gladly take a coupe over the convertible. More space in the trunk would make the Solstice a great car for weekend trips for two, and just more practical for anyone who must enjoy the Solstice as their only car.

·
Registered
6 Posts
You read my mind. They have been an absolute dearth of RWD small afforable coupes. The last one was the 1995 MR2. The RX8 and 350Z are a little bigger and more expensive. It amazes me that nobody build these. If you look at the resale on an old MR2, you will see that this style is very desirable.

But I believe our problems will be solved in about 2 years. There are several RWD coupes coming to the market. Some are more expensive. There is a Z2 coupe coming. Also a Z4 couple (w/ an M engine). I wish they would make a Miata coupe. The solstice couple will be great, although I think it looks better in convertible form.

A perfect car for me would be a 25k S2000 coupe w/ analog gauges.

I live in houston. I am always in traffic and extreme heat. I have had a convertible before and the lack of cowl stiffness did not offset the few times that it was desirable to drive w/ the top down.

·
Registered
527 Posts
They do make a miata coupe, but they only sell it in Nipon.

·
Registered
905 Posts
I have a coupe now, while nice I'd prefer more then a sunroof for the Summer cruising :)

·
Registered
753 Posts
i wouldn't be surprised to see an add-on hard top, but i agree, the solstice coupe concept is as good looking,maybe better looking (but not as fun) as the roadster.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts