Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am curious to know how many might be interested in the coupe and am in hopes that someone at GM might read this.

My wife after seeing the picture of the red coupe has decided that is the car she wants and we have already asked our salesperson to definately let us know if a version becomes available.

If you build it they will sell, or at least one for sure that I am aware of. ;)

·
Registered
192 Posts
I would not wait for the dealer to tell you. They may very well be one of the last to know. Just keep a lookout on this forum, I will be willing to bet you will know before your dealer. Good luck.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Actually just wanted to be first on the list to purchase from this dealer when the option was available. I am sure that I will know before the dealer and will keep them updated but wanted to make it known that if it was built that we wanted a coupe also.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Waitin' for the coupe here also...

I like the convertible, but it's just not right for me. I live in a city and have no indoor parking. Putting the top up every night would be a pain. Plus, I sunburn easily. :lol:

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
dcon said:
I am curious to know how many might be interested in the coupe and am in hopes that someone at GM might read this.

My wife after seeing the picture of the red coupe has decided that is the car she wants and we have already asked our salesperson to definately let us know if a version becomes available.

If you build it they will sell, or at least one for sure that I am aware of. ;)
What RED coupe?! All I've seen is the concept orange... am I missing something?

G

·
Coupe version? Not for me. Not in Southern Arizona. This city is perfect for Top Down driving the majority of the year. I have a 3-Car garage, and underground parking at work to put my Solstice in, and keep it out of the elements for the most part.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I guess it is orange ?
I did see some photochops on here with a blue hatchback.

I like the looks of the coupe and maybe it would keep my wife out of the convertible. Might also be more practical for trips with the two of us.
Was teasing the wife that she would have to get a smaller solstice make-up bag for the convertible.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hey Frosty
I did a quick search through the threads but didnt run across the yellow one.
If you see it again post a picture please.

Here are the ones I had saved.
coupe coupe1 coupe2 coupe3

Coupe in the winter, vert in the summer

·
Registered
41 Posts
I'll take a coupe!

I just test drove the new Miata today - Very Nice! Big improvement over the last version!

Too small for me, though.

The Solstice Coupe hits a nerve with me - a good nerve!

The hypothetical coupe would certainly meet my needs - especially if it came with more power (e.g., V-6 or Turbo/Supercharged 4). The extra room for stuff would make it a real usable vehicle.

I have always felt that the Cobra Coupe was just about the most perfect example of Sports Car form and function. The Solstice Coupe would be even better!

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
dcon said:
Yep ... I absolutely love the idea of being able to buy a large hardtop for my vert that would transform it into a coupe for part of the year and/or long trips. Please, somebody offer a hardtop/hatchback add-on like that (like the blue car in your post). Here is the old thread where it was discussed also ...

http://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2689

·
Registered
199 Posts
I would def take the coupe over the convert but Ill take this car any way I can get it...most would agree I'm sure

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
dcon said:
Hey Frosty
I did a quick search through the threads but didnt run across the yellow one.
If you see it again post a picture please.

Here are the ones I had saved.
coupe coupe1 coupe2 coupe3

That blue one really isn't a hatch [coupe], but it is one of the ideas we were throwing around for a hardtop addition to the roadster.

·
Registered
193 Posts
I'm not interested in the Coupe, but I'd sure love a removable top for the winter months.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Maybe both a removable top option for those of us who have a convertible and a coupe for those like my wife who loved the look of it. I think they both would be great sellers for Pontiac. Several including my wife say they would buy the coupe if you are listening GM :D

·
1,492 Posts
a few threds ago a guy said he could make a removable hard-top for 1500$. I would like to have one for Oct and May when we get our snow. Would want it to fit on where the soft top sits so the trunk stye wouldn't be ruined. The photos of coupe take away that rear style that helped attract me to the sol, rather than RX-5.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.