Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am curious, since there are no direct advertisers on this website, who is funding it? It is very well run, and remarkably well managed. I am impressed with the technical expertise of the members, and all their comments are well founded and expressed. But, where is the money? Show me the Money. Who pays for the opration of the equipment that runs this site?

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
But who funded the startup of the site?

Excelsior said:
I am sure that there has been a few donations. And startup costs are minimal nowadays. Once the bandwidth starts getting eaten up is where this becomes a major concern.
I appreciate your quick reponse, but it did not answer the question. Did General Motors start this for feed back on their cars? Either way, it does not matter on what we write, but I do feel the participants should know who is funding the site.

Also, I have not seen any request for donations to this site, is there a method by which we can support it? Unless is run by General Motors, and then they can foot the bill. (they have more money than I do, for sure)

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Troy is ther owner/administrator of this site and several others (see list below).

Funding is by supporting vendors I believe.

Sportbike Forum - Chevy SSR Forum - Corvette Forum - Cadillac XLR Forum - Saturn Sky Forum - GTO Forum - Wine Forum

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you, Troy!

In that case, I thank Troy for starting this website, and it begs the question: Why did he start this one and the other ones he has started? It is a great service to those of us who find the Soltice such an enticing vehicle.

·
Registered
284 Posts
I started Corvetteforum originally because I grew up with vettes and thought it would be fun. I also figured that it might possibly grow into a business one day. As it turns out, it did.

The other sites grew out of that. I have four servers that Corvetteforum runs on. The cost to start up a new site is not huge. As they grow they do cost money due to bandwidth, paying for software upgrades, installs, advertising, etc.

I only start sites for cars that I personally would like to own. I doubt that I will end up owning one of each due to limited garage space and money issues though! :eek:

This site will be supported in two ways: supporting vendors and supporting members. That is how it is done at corvetteforum. Vendors can pay to promote themselves in a professional and non-offensive way. Supporting Members get extra space to store photos and other bandwidth/space expensive features.

:cheers:

·
497 Posts
Thank You

I would like to jump in here and say thank you as well. I very much enjoy this site and am thankful such as site exists to provide information and discussion about the exciting and much anticipated Solstice, especially during this somewhat painful pre-release period. :)

Thank you Troy!

·
Registered
78 Posts
DCLocal said:
I would like to jump in here and say thank you as well. I very much enjoy this site and am thankful such as site exists to provide information and discussion about the exciting and much anticipated Solstice, especially during this somewhat painful pre-release period. :)

Thank you Troy!
:agree: Awsome Site!!! Thanks Troy.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Let me say this site is marvelous and a real attention-getter for me and others. The members give it great personality and the discussion is lively and informative. Keep up the good work!!!! Thanks Troy!

·
Registered
479 Posts
DItto from Delaware Troy, all of the guys are doing a great job managing the site and I really have enjoyed the polls. The articles are informative, I really don't know where I would have gotten the information on the Solstice that this Forum has supplied. :agree:

·
Registered
123 Posts
Thanks Troy

Great job Troy. It's because of the info I've gotten from this forum that I was able to become one of "the 1000". I still check the forum several times a day to see "what's new". I love the lively discussions. :cheers:

·
Registered
905 Posts
Without this site I would have gotten a Celica GTS instead of a Solstice :(

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
Troy does an excellent job with all his forums. As professional as it can get. As evidenced by AZJeuz's misconception that it is manufacturer sponsored or started. And that's not in any way because there is no bashing of GM here. In fact we push and prod the general at every twist and turn, but here it is done with class instead of crass, with style instead of guile. What also makes this site "happen" is the membership and their overall respect and support of each other. Everybody>>:cheers:

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
Adrenaline said:
Without this site I would have gotten a Celica GTS instead of a Solstice :(
Good thing you found the site then. Because after this 2005 MY the Celica will not exist in the USA at all anymore.

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
I actually stumbled across this site while surfing Corvetteforums. I had been doing some research over there on the C4's last spring with all the big discounts and incentives that were on them. I knew about the Sol already, and had gone to Detroit to see the 2004 Production prototype in January, but was considering a Vette since they seemed like such a bargain. I ended up deciding against the Vette (although it had nothing to do with the car, its fabulous, or the initial price. I wasn't sure I could easily fit the cost of ownership into my budget).

Anyway, I saw he had a link to his "new" Solstice forum and I checked it out, and the rest is history. :)

·
Registered
141 Posts
Thankful

Mega dittos. without this site, I'd have to rely on my Pontiac dealer for information on my order & rest of the Solstice program and we all know that they're pretty much in "mushroom" mode right now.

·
Premium Member
10,405 Posts
I hope GM is taking notes of all these great comments from our new membership to the forum, and hopefuly will continue listening to our request, comments on these gorgeous automobiles.
PS: Swatches PLEASE...........

·
Premium Member
4,041 Posts
I stumbled onto this site one evening while I was surfing during a break from some late night work. I have looked at other sites but they are Mickey Mouse compared to this site. If it weren't for the info I got here I would probably be looking at the purchase of another Miata or even a late model Porsche. I think the Sol will be a better fit. THANKS TROY!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts