Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I logged on that pontiac web site about solstice they sent me some litature about the solstice, it has a big poster of the solstice inside It really is cool looking. This was sent to me about four months ago.I dont know if it is still available. Sorry cant post any pictures dont know how. I barely can type one finger at a time. Maybee some one else has it and could post some pictures.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I got one not to long ago myself, you're right it's a good size poster. I tell you what, GM has done well on the marketing of this car. Every image I've seen of it is amazing, of course it doesn't hurt to have such camera-friendly car. It's a cool poster of an overhead shot of the car with the top down.

·
Registered
39 Posts
We made deal with our salesman when we placed our order that we wanted one of the large, life-size, vinyl, showroom posters when the car arrived. Went back a couple weeks after we ordered and the poster was gone. He did, however, come up with another poster when we picked up the car. It is hanging on the front wall of the garage where my wife parks HER car.

VIN# 1771, built 21 Sept, delivered 19 Oct, SLY with all options except XM, on-star, and smokers.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Our dealer sent us the vinyl banner a long time ago without us even asking. Very cool of him.

I hung it in the garage so it hides all the rakes and brooms etc. If memory serves, it's actually 13 feet long and 4 feet high.

So we actually have 3 Solstices in our garage. The banner, the diecast model, and the actual car.

When we picked up the car the dealer also had a big freestanding corrugated display. I asked him if we could have it when they were done, not only because it has a cool Solsitce picture, but that's my business, my company makes corrugated POP/Retail displays. He said he we could have it when they were done with it as long as no one had already claimed it.

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
dave clancy said:
When I logged on that pontiac web site about solstice they sent me some litature about the solstice, it has a big poster of the solstice inside It really is cool looking. This was sent to me about four months ago.I dont know if it is still available. Sorry cant post any pictures dont know how. I barely can type one finger at a time. Maybee some one else has it and could post some pictures.
It's the folded one with the detail shots and descriptions on the back right? I have two of them!

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
I really want one of the big Agressive ones with the dripping red paint.

Does anybody have that one or know where to get it?

·
Registered
178 Posts
dave clancy said:
In May I got the big poster, Apprentice designed books w/ cd and last month the color catalog.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
dori-san said:

That's the one I was mentioning above. Like I said, that's what my company does, but not this sign in particular. It's litho mounted to corrugated, probably B-Flute, but I didn't look at it that closely, with sintra style feet. If we all get desperate I might be able to make some. But without high rez art it won't look very good. And at my company they will cost a fortune!!!

·
Registered
905 Posts
Yup back in May I got that one too

·
Registered
76 Posts
dori-san said:

The dealer here in Central Florida has offered one up for me, when he is done with it, the next month or so. IF I decide I don't want it I will let you know and we can work out the details.

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
I knew I saw it somewhere on the forum too! It is in LV's modifications thread.

http://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=2324

That's what you're talking about. I could swear though that the dealership where Nix Sol got his car here in town has it in a poster form. I could be wrong though, but that's what I'd like!

·
Registered
76 Posts
Yes, That's what I'm talking about, the big floor display.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
dori-san said:
I knew I saw it somewhere on the forum too! It is in LV's modifications thread.

http://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=2324

That's what you're talking about. I could swear though that the dealership where Nix Sol got his car here in town has it in a poster form. I could be wrong though, but that's what I'd like!
Dori-san,
Please read my last 2 posts above. It's made from 3 separate corrugated stand displays with black sintra feet. It appears each stand display is in fact 2 die cut pieces glued together with a knockdown score. Trying to judge the scale and what I remember when I saw it, I'd say a 1 piece poster like you are refering to might be possible, but not in litho (max litho sheet is 54" x 77"). It would have to be screen printed, which is how the 13 foot banner was done, and looks "blurry" by comparison. If there is a poster, it would have obviously been hanging, not free standing like this corrugated one.

I like you are hoping to get one of these. I want to put it up here in my office at work. Keep your fingers crossed. :thumbs:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts