Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't want this to turn into a rant thread, but I have read several posts from people that have cancelled their orders or are seriously thinking about cancelling and thought it might be interesting to know just how many there are and a one liner reason why. (Bought a different car, Lack of communication, Tired of wait, etc.)

Here's mine: Ordered 4/16 and as of today, still just a dealer order. Tired of the wait.

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
Wait it out! It's worth it no matter how long, trust me.

·
Registered
340 Posts
LTDANMAN44 said:
if they cancelled, why would they come back here? they all prolly left :(
Seems logical.

Nothing worth waiting for is ever easy, nothing easy is ever worth waiting for, nothing is ever easy to wait for. nothing is worth waiting for, nothing is worth being easy..... Nevermind, I forgot the saying. :willy:

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Firebird99 said:
I don't want this to turn into a rant thread, but I have read several posts from people that have cancelled their orders or are seriously thinking about cancelling and thought it might be interesting to know just how many there are and a one liner reason why. (Bought a different car, Lack of communication, Tired of wait, etc.)

Here's mine: Ordered 4/16 and as of today, still just a dealer order. Tired of the wait.
Cancelled this week. :(

Happy with my current ride, sad not to be getting a Solstice.

Hanging around becuase this Forum is the BEST. :grouphug:

·
Registered
340 Posts
Quitters never win and winners never quit.

OK that made a little more sense.

I am hoping for a January build and February or March delivery. After March comes and goes (the best time of year for a conv. in AZ) and I still don't have it, I will be very frustrated, but will never quit.

·
Registered
705 Posts
Ordered mine last March...I'll wait until this March. Wrote off the deposit. Built in September, arrives in?????

Keeping an eye open for the new hard top Miata...just in case ;) .

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
sonoransolstice said:
Quitters never win and winners never quit.

OK that made a little more sense.
Believe me if my order had been at least picked up, I would still be waiting, but seeing others order months later and already get picked up and produced is torture.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I cancelled

Picked up my deposit today...bought a 2005 Boxster.

Still hang out here because it is fun to see this car come to market, cool to listen to discussions about cars in general and inspite that I decided the Solstice wasn't what I wanted or wanted to wait for, I'm still a fan of the car.

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
I would like still like to know when people are about to jump off and if they are holding their space in line for a Pure.
If the person about the jump has a Pure on the line and has a VIN, please let me know.

·
Premium Member
898 Posts
I came very close to CXL my order a few weeks ago but with my luck I would CXL and the car would come in the next day and I would be so mad at myself this is a practice in patience-- Car done Sept 17 invoiced to be at dealer Oct 16 still no car but on Tuesday got the news it did finally past inspection and my dealer told me it was almost on the train yesterday. he said that as soon as it gets to Orlando he is not going to wait for another truck to get it to the dealer in N Orlando he is going to go and pick it up himself just to get it to me faster-- real nice guy---

·
Registered
340 Posts
Firebird99 said:
Believe me if my order had been at least picked up, I would still be waiting, but seeing others order months later and already get picked up and produced is torture.
Yah, there is no logic or fairness with regards to the deliveries. My dealer had a very large 1st allocation and thus far only 2 EOP's and 1 allocation car has been delivered and we are into 2nd 4 month allocation allready. I guess I am trying to be optomistic.

By the way, what ever happened to the RUMOR that sun belt states would recieve their allocations before the rust belt states? :lol:

Oh well, it will get here when it gets here..... we just deal with it......right????

·
Registered
37 Posts
i ordered mine 2 weeks ago. the sales guy said im 1st in line for the next allotment of cars in JAN, so when do you guys think ill get mine? im going to the louisville derby may 5th...do you think ill have it by then?

/crosses fingers

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
GEEEEZZ

What are you a Quitter?

When the going get's tough, The tough go drinking!. :cheers:

Show a little more defecation, to the cause. If you know what I mean..

Giving up now would be something the MeatHead would do. :devil:

Gee Our old LaSalle ran great!

Attachments

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
SCISOLSTICE said:
Good things come to those who wait.
I feel like I paid $500 for a lottery ticket, and at this point have just about as much chance of seeing any results.

·
Registered
292 Posts
LTDANMAN44 said:
i ordered mine 2 weeks ago. the sales guy said im 1st in line for the next allotment of cars in JAN, so when do you guys think ill get mine? im going to the louisville derby may 5th...do you think ill have it by then?

/crosses fingers
One of the forum member posted the other day that his was delivered less than 2 weeks after it was built. So if yours gets built by April you'll probably get to drive it to the Kentucky Derby.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Almost Purchased a Lotus Elise.......

I've come real close to buying a Lotus Elise. I visit the Lotus Dealer in Rancho Mirage, CA. when I'm hanging out at my desert home near Palm Springs. It has been so hard seeing the Lotus and wanting to make a move on a purchase. The wait for my Solstice is becoming uneasy. Placed my order in late June, my car was built on Oct 11th. Hoping its coming soon! :yesnod:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Firebird99 said:

Ordered in May, cancelled in October after order was never accepted by GM. Clueless rural dealer with 1 car allocated. Of course they wouldn't tell me that or anything else about my order after I gave them a deposit, despite my repeated visits to the dealership. If it weren't for Cricket, I would have known zip. Should have ordered from a big city dealer with better allocation/access to cars.

·
Registered
8,665 Posts
For all those still waiting, please visit my new Tracking Thread for important tips to get better information. The VOMS report is not updated often and is not accurate, you MUST get the Vehicle Order Event History.

Go to this thread:

http://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8685

1 - 20 of 53 Posts