Registered
691 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Psychology...what's the "interest"?

Jackknife
Uh oh :leaving: before the analyzing commences.

All joking aside it just seemed that you took exception and jumped all over what I would have considered a fairly inert comment delivered without malice. So you would know well that ones perspective influences their response. One of the few things I remember from the 40 cumulative minutes I was awake during my Psycholgy 101 course.

That said Im not here to enrage or engage. I am here to push the buttons of a balding, slightly overweight, car guy.

I am just interested in seeing how long this goes before he figures out whos on the other end.

I promise I wont eat up too much bandwidth...

·
Registered
691 Posts
Uh oh :leaving: before the analyzing commences.

All joking aside it just seemed that you took exception and jumped all over what I would have considered a fairly inert comment delivered without malice. So you would know well that ones perspective influences their response. One of the few things I remember from the 40 cumulative minutes I was awake during my Psycholgy 101 course.

That said Im not here to enrage or engage. I am here to push the buttons of a balding, slightly overweight, car guy.

I am just interested in seeing how long this goes before he figures out whos on the other end.

I promise I wont eat up too much bandwidth...

Sometimes when you "push buttons" in public you are in danger of spraying your fire.

Motives are hard to identify at this distance...benign or malicious is inferred from the

words in the setting. I admit to a high degree of sensitivity, but without actual face-to-

face emotive displays, a phrase intended to push buttons is in danger of eliciting an

unfavorable response from an audience (witness how that comedian at Obama's fund-

raiser yesterday offended some while attempting humor...and he was in their actual

presence).

In any event, for misreading you, I apologize...and recommend more privacy for your

button-pushing activities.

Jackknife

·
Administrator
9,188 Posts
Is there a point to this thread? ;) :lol: I am getting a headache trying to follow along ... :willy:
Indeed there is Sarge ... but, it will require Steve's participation in order for any sense to come to the top! :lol:

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Sometimes when you "push buttons" in public you are in danger of spraying your fire.

Motives are hard to identify at this distance...benign or malicious is inferred from the

words in the setting. I admit to a high degree of sensitivity, but without actual face-to-

face emotive displays, a phrase intended to push buttons is in danger of eliciting an

unfavorable response from an audience (witness how that comedian at Obama's fund-

raiser yesterday offended some while attempting humor...and he was in their actual

presence).

In any event, for misreading you, I apologize...and recommend more privacy for your

button-pushing activities.

Jackknife
No offense taken, so no apologies needed...

·
LOST SOL
4,675 Posts
Indeed there is Sarge ... but, it will require Steve's participation in order for any sense to come to the top! :lol:
:lol: .... I am watching a video on Schizophrenia now in my Psychotherapy class. :lol: BTW, this forum has given me several case study ideas over the years. ;) :glol:

Btw, I know the meaning of "the word" ... ;) :lol: ;)

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
:lol: .... I am watching a video on Schizophrenia now in my Psychotherapy class. :lol: BTW, this forum has given me several case study ideas over the years. ;) :glol:

Btw, I know the meaning of "the word" ... ;) :lol: ;)
beszélek magyarul? (You speak Hungarian?)

Stick around... this could turn into some textbook quality stuff here :)

·
Registered
121 Posts
:lurk: :lurk:

·
Sol Driving Member
2,597 Posts
Hey thanks for sending Steve the email. I have a relative who "resides" in Levenworth. Next time I visit them I owe you a beer or two.
I would ask "Which facility?" but that probably would offend someone who reads this thread so I won't do that. :devil:

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
You're entirely correct; it was presumptuous of me to collectivize my reaction.

BTW, I would hesitate, if I were you, using "locals" as arbiters of good taste; I have

seen many of these "locals", they are, often, far from good...and often tasteless.

FYI, my hackles go up (perhaps too easily) when I encounter religious intolerance.

Jackknife
I totally understand. Peace brother !

·
Sol Driving Member
2,597 Posts
I am just joking with you... You do have a "facilty" there though dont you?
There are about 7 of them in town including the military. Oops, that was one of the local jokes on my part. :eek: :blush:

:dthumbs:

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
There are about 7 of them in town including the military. Oops, that was one of the local jokes on my part. :eek: :blush:

:dthumbs:
Seems like there are quite a few decent guys on here. A few military here as well. Which begs the question what drew you to the Solstice.

I mean it is a neat little car but you know there is a an automotive benchmark which can be used to identify a real man.

1. Men don’t drive front engine sports cars with less than 8 cylinders. 4 cylinders are reserved for teens that can’t be trusted with horsepower or women who by the laws of gender can’t handle it.

2. Real men drive cars with engines placed in a position consistent with where they like their women’s legs. Over their shoulders where you can hear them wail when you are hammering on them.

:glol: Present company seemingly exempt...

·
Registered
691 Posts
Seems like there are quite a few decent guys on here. A few military here as well. Which begs the question what drew you to the Solstice.

I mean it is a neat little car but you know there is a an automotive benchmark which can be used to identify a real man.

1. Men don’t drive front engine sports cars with less than 8 cylinders. 4 cylinders are reserved for teens that can’t be trusted with horsepower or women who by the laws of gender can’t handle it.

2. Real men drive cars with engines placed in a position consistent with where they like their women’s legs. Over their shoulders where you can hear them wail when you are hammering on them.

:glol: Present company seemingly exempt...

Remember that "analysis" you were leery of? Well, it's called compensatory behavior.

Usually it's some exaggerated expression that compensates for a perceived shortcoming.

For example, treating women harshly because you fear your inadequacy. ;)

Jackknife

·
Registered
691 Posts
Of course, I could be wrong...:devil:

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Of course, I could be wrong...:devil:

Welcome back Jack! You guys are up late...

I guess I should back off a bit. I frequent another forum that I assume has a lower average age and definately a lower sense of maturity of its members. I am normally the guy who has to call out the young ones making inappropriate posts.

Hopefully Steve will show up here soon and I can have some fun with him. But it wont be tonight. Im sure he has been sawing logs for at least a few hours by now.

BTW you guys know him well?

·
Registered
691 Posts
Welcome back Jack! You guys are up late...

I guess I should back off a bit. I frequent another forum that I assume has a lower average age and definately a lower sense of maturity of its members. I am normally the guy who has to call out the young ones making inappropriate posts.

Hopefully Steve will show up here soon and I can have some fun with him. But it wont be tonight. Im sure he has been sawing logs for at least a few hours by now.

BTW you guys know him well?

You conveniently skirted my analysis...too close to home?

21 - 40 of 58 Posts