Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Like you I am looking into this car but have not seen it in person yet and have not had a chance to sit in it. I am 6'2" and 260 lbs. Is anyone who bought one or tried one on for size that big or bigger? If this car is made to fit only normal sized people I am going to go back to Mustang for a convertible. So speak out ye Krispy Kreme lovers!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
312 Posts
6'3" 265...34" inseam.

Tight, very tight. Left leg between steering wheel (at full upward tilt) and door is very tight...you may not be able to shift with the door closed.

I sat in it in July (at the plant). I'm hoping if I take off my New Balance's I will have an extra inch to move around in the footwell.

I can't attest to the headroom since I sat in a Solstice with the top down.

I figure I have a few months to cut back on the Krispy Kremes!

RadRiv

·
Registered
33 Posts
So height was an issue, what about width of the car?

You guys have nothing to worry if I end up being able to fit in this car. If I don't my wife gets it, and she seems so happy about that !!!

Yours truly -> 6' 1" (32" inseam) but the kicker... 305 lbs

The good news for me, is that I was around 260 about 2 years ago, so I should be able to drive this car by next Summer. ;)

Time to hit the gym folks.

·
Registered
479 Posts
I just asked excelsor this same question and he is the same size as me, about 6'0 250, he said he fits fine, check his thread pics of vin # 14, his was delivered today, and he has pics.

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
RADRIV said:
6'3" 265...34" inseam.

Tight, very tight. Left leg between steering wheel (at full upward tilt) and door is very tight...you may not be able to shift with the door closed.
I can't attest to the headroom since I sat in a Solstice with the top down.

RadRiv
I am only 6' 225 but have a 33" inseam and like you I am long in the thigh (25 inches front seat back to knee) so I found the rest of me in the car and my left leg still out on the pavement. Had to haul my leg into the car, but once in found I had a perfect driving position with the wheel and gearshift in great position. Also because I sit short, I had a perfect sight line to the instruments through the steering wheel. And had tons of headroom with the top up (I would guess 5-6 inches). I have size 12EEE feet and hand no trouble with pedal spacing (but didn't get tot drive so...

I guess I will have to work on entry technique, maybe a little yoga and definitely limit the stops at Tim Horton's to coffee only.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I fit fine

I was in Detroit for the first 1000 delivery last weekend - I sat in many different Sols with top up and down and test drove the cars - I don't know where some of this information is coming from but I am 6' 2 and 290 lbs and I fit fine. I had no problems getting in and out of the Sol or driving - I was able to work and operate the clutch fine - with the top up I had at least 2 in. in height still available. I was the one that was on the channel 4 news post from Detroit saying we would all have our cars by October. :)

Sly - VIN # 355 (just received today!!) :willy:

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
1 n 1K said:
I was in Detroit for the first 1000 delivery last weekend - I sat in many different Sols with top up and down and test drove the cars - I don't know where some of this information is coming from but I am 6' 2 and 290 lbs and I fit fine. I had no problems getting in and out of the Sol or driving - I was able to work and operate the clutch fine - with the top up I had at least 2 in. in height still available. I was the one that was on the channel 4 news post from Detroit saying we would all have our cars by October. :)

Sly - VIN # 355 (just received today!!) :willy:

Pics man, PICS!!!

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Cool :cool: :thumbs:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts