Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's a race, it's a race....(for extra credit what movie is that line from?)

Make your prediction now. Which forum member will be the first to take delivery outside of special VIN 1 already delivered? Delivery = in your driveway. Also predict the date as well.

VIN 1-99
555, AeroDave, Becker, beech23, C5Vette, dlschreurs, evansjer, Excelsior, Fiero+Solstice, HYPUR, jandouglass, Jim Dekker, mceb, oughtab, PAS22, Salamander, Sol Deep, SolTex, Sooolstice, XRAY

VIN 100-199
Dogtown, JCRRPZ, Marco, mssleepr, Primus, rmealey

VIN 200-299
cadillacricket, Ex-Miata Man, FINELY, TerpFan

Someone else?

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Probably you! I know you already bribed the truck driver! :lol:

·
Premium Member
10,475 Posts
I would guess someone close to the plant.

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
...if you are asking for volunteers

I will, I will!
:cool:

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
PAS22 said:
Probably you! I know you already bribed the truck driver! :lol:
I went looking for him today ;) I'm about 2 hours north of DE but I still show as "ready to ship" in system....I'm hoping the system is a little behind the times and it does appear by end of week [fingers crossed].

My offcial guess is Sol Deep (can't pick myself). Maybe that quick Ohio transit thing will kick in. Friday 8/12 at 5:30.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
I try not to call my dealer every hour, they already think I'm nuts for asking questions all the time! Will have to cut back once in the AM, again in the PM! Actually I am overdue for a status update and he is gone to auctions on Wednesdays. If I don't hear anything by Friday I'll pester him again. My prediction for mine: 8.17.2005

·
Registered
135 Posts
mceb said:
I went looking for him today ;) I'm about 2 hours north of DE but I still show as "ready to ship" in system....I'm hoping the system is a little behind the times and it does appear by end of week [fingers crossed].

My offcial guess is Sol Deep (can't pick myself). Maybe that quick Ohio transit thing will kick in. Friday 8/12 at 5:30.
Don't place any money on this since my dealer says it's still not in transit and they have not been sent an invoice. :(

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
bigjon said:
heard, there is a small quality issue and several hundred Solstices are being delayed shipment until the issue is resolved.. can anybody verify this? Smalldealer, gmlinedog?
you so funny....you make me laugh....ha ha ha :brentil:

·
Registered
994 Posts
TerpFan said:
Rowan1008 (VIN 12) on Friday, August 12 at 3:22 p.m.

How's that for a guess??
You should've guessed the time as 12:12... VIN 12, Date 12, Time 12:12

My guess is Excelsior (VIN 14) in New York on Monday, August 15th sometime after 11am. He will need to take a long lunch break to go pick it up and will mysteriously not return to work for the rest of the day.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
bigjon said:
heard, there is a small quality issue and several hundred Solstices are being delayed shipment until the issue is resolved.. can anybody verify this? Smalldealer, gmlinedog?
It may be a variant of this thread ...

http://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3740

Here is my explanation of it if you care to consider it as a possibility. It is my interpretation and comes from a source that I have complete confidence in, but it was not an official GM release, so you can weight its value accordingly ...

http://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/showpost.php?p=62259&postcount=63

Quick summary: Four or five forum members (including Brentil and myself) were told by our dealers that orders for cars at their dealership had to be resubmitted and some people mistakenly assumed it meant that there was a problem with the builds or that the cars had to be scrapped. Instead, it appears to have happened last month (before they actually started retail production), possibly as a final pre-production test that pulled from actual orders in the system and required that they be re-entered. It did NOT affect the first 1000 orders that have been produced and already have their VINs. It apparently happened to orders that were not a part of the first 1000.

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
SlySol said:
It may be a variant of this thread ...

http://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3740

Here is my explanation of it if you care to consider it as a possibility. It is my interpretation and comes from a source that I have complete confidence in, but it was not an official GM release, so you can weight its value accordingly ...

http://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/showpost.php?p=62259&postcount=63

Quick summary: Four or five forum members (including Brentil and myself) were told by our dealers that orders for cars at their dealership had to be resubmitted and some people mistakenly assumed it meant that there was a problem with the builds or that the cars had to be scrapped. Instead, it appears to have happened last month (before they actually started retail production), possibly as a final pre-production test that pulled from actual orders in the system and required that they be re-entered. It did NOT affect the first 1000 orders that have been produced and already have their VINs. It apparently happened to orders that were not a part of the first 1000.
Since at least two of you are in FL does that have anything to do with the resubmission?

Anyway until another member steps forward with less than 007 then I have to go with SolDeep. Random assignments of build, but orderly delivery of product.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.