Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
all this posting about colors and stripes and such and we've overlooked a MAJOR problem. where the hell does pontiac expect a front plate to go for those unlucky souls like myself who live in a state that requires it? BASTARDS! looks like grille color wont be an issue since most of it will be covered by the plate. BASTARDS!

i am one sad, pissed off, wannabe solstice owner right now.

BASTARDS!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Yea i live in New York and i got a ticket for not having my Front Plate and it was 60$ dam front plate laws the hirt every car that is made the front plate should be something that is not required in every state

·
Registered
5 Posts
I didn't even think of that-as I decided that I'm getting one.Sure they will come up with something-Becuase I'm set on one:cool

·
Registered
41 Posts
I've been hit for not having a front plate on here in Nebraska. The majority of cars I see without front plates are Corvettes. And even with them it's about 50/50 that they don't have one on.
I really hope they don't have to drastically change the front end to meet this requirement. It's so clean looking. Hell, as ghetto as it is, I'd rather put the front plate on my dash while I'm driving and keep it under the floor mats when I'm not then have a plate messing up the looks of my car.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Hi guys, I just registered today on the site and I am huge fan of the solstice. I am studying to become an engineer and I saw this thread and i sat here and looked at the front end and I couldnt come up with anything for it, to be brutaly honest it looks like we got to put up with having it cover part of the grill some how. I am from Canada so we have to have both front and back plates. You guys are soo right with how good it looks with no front plate and that front plate is going to make it soooo tacky.:banghead

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Here's a "spy shot" taken back last August. Not sure if this is pre what we see today or different. I see some kind of strip under the front. Is there room for a plate under there or would it be too low?

Attachments

·
Registered
41 Posts
Just a random thought... they might shorten the grills and stretch them the length of the front bumper. Half as tall but run to the blinkers/fog lights.
Just a thought, what the hell do I know LOL :confused

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Otravez said:
Just a random thought... they might shorten the grills and stretch them the length of the front bumper. Half as tall but run to the blinkers/fog lights.
Just a thought, what the hell do I know LOL :confused
a quick, crap job ("Patton" is on tv:smile ) but i think this is what you meant. i could live with something like that. that way, at least, the plate wouldnt cover most of the grilles.

i like this better, tho. :D

How about the front window? :)
short windshield. they'd prolly get ya for obstruction of view around here.

Here's a "spy shot" taken back last August. Not sure if this is pre what we see today or different. I see some kind of strip under the front. Is there room for a plate under there or would it be too low?
im betting that strip directs air up to the fans and rad.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Actually now that you guys point that out...what they could do is keep the grills the same size maybe a little smaller and bring them more to the side, so both of them are closer to the fog lights and that would make plenty of room right below the pontiac symbol. put on one of those black things to hold yeah....wouldnt look too too bad:crazy

·
Registered
9 Posts
tags

one could contact his local state comptroller & point out how much money the state could save by coming into the 21st century & deleting front tags.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Just maybe it's time (at least in the states) to forget about a front tag anyway.Some states only have one and the states that use two only have stickers for the rear one.Front tags ruin some cars-and this one will be the worst.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts