Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm here and checked into my room at the Marriott Renaissance Center. Anybody getting together tonight?

·
Registered
203 Posts
I'm here (room 4804)
Did you see the 2 Solstice's in the FRONT ENTRANCE of GM.
A beautiful RED and the SLY.
They are beautiful!!!!!

They are now staging the lights and 2 big screen TV's for the event Friday.

Frank

·
Registered
233 Posts
first 1k said:
I'm here (room 4804)
They are beautiful!!!!!

Frank
I am so envious!!! Please keep all of us posted that can't attend. Every word and thought will be so appreciated...... :blueangel

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The two in the GM entrance were the very first Solstices I've ever seen. Everybody says the same thing about the Solstice: you have to see them in person as pictures just don't do it justice. They're right.

·
Registered
515 Posts
You guys are killing me! I'm tempted to blow off the Seether/Crossfade concert I'm heading to in a bit in favor of heading north now instead of in the morning.

·
2,574 Posts
first 1k said:
I'm here (room 4804)
They are beautiful!!!!!

Frank

Frank, Did the aggresive really look awesome in person?? Wow we should learn alot from you lucky Detroiters, keep the info flowing puleez.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
birdliver said:
Frank, Did the aggresive really look awesome in person?? Wow we should learn alot from you lucky Detroiters, keep the info flowing puleez.
Not addressed to me but I can answer: I like the aggressive much better than I thought I would. I decided against aggressive when I saw it on a Sunfire at my dealer. I'm still happy I chose envious but aggressive looks great.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
first 1k said:
I'm here (room 4804)
They are beautiful!!!!!

I just realized that my room looks down on that entrance, it's the eye-shaped glass thing in the middle of the pic.

Attachments

·
Registered
233 Posts
Salamander said:
I just realized that my room looks down on that entrance, it's the eye-shaped glass thing in the middle of the pic.
Awesome view Salamander. Thanks for sharing. Please continue sharing your thoughts and pictures. :thumbs:

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Will The Donald Attend?

I wonder if the winner of the apprentice will be there? Also wondering if GM may try another Apprentice tie-in with the HHR? If so maybe Donald gets on the greatest airplane (his), flies into the greatest automotive city in the world(not his) and parades the greatest head of hair ever (definitely not his) at the event Friday

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
Hay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What happen to the Robert A Lutz signature edition. Yes I misspelled edition in my past posts So spank me please.

·
Registered
203 Posts
The Red solstice is STUNNING!!!
I, as most of you, never saw the car in person...

The first 4 months, I managed to suppress my joy and be patient...
That was thrown out the door, once you see the car!!!
The tires are as WIDE as coffee tables!!!
They have to be 12 inches wide, I swear!!!

The hood is very long also...I'm jumping out of my skin...
I cant wait any longer!!!1

The two in the lobby definitly had fit issues ( really bad!!) fender to door, and fender to hood. They are pre-production units ( but they had VIN's on them...)

The event setup has a roped off area the size of a car.. my guess 001 goes there????/

I wont sleep tonite...

Frank

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
birdliver said:
Did the aggresive really look awesome in person??
(see Avatar)

I ordered Sly (what seems like an eternity ago :yawn: ). And at that time, Sly was the only color I had ever seen (NAIAS 2k5). The day I took the picture in my avatar, I fell in love. That car was made for red. :cheers:

:( ...unfortunately - I couldn't get my wife to buy off on a little red sports car, so Sly it will be.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
This roped-off area?

first 1k said:
The event setup has a roped off area the size of a car.. my guess 001 goes there????

Frank
Preparations in the lobby, note the roped-off area in the center of the pic behind what appeared to be the lighting supervisor in shorts and polo shirt.

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
I know wally is there and he said he met a couple of other forum members in the lobby. 64gto is the only name I remember though (if I even got that right!).

Stacie

·
Registered
40 Posts
See you all tomorrow

Will be leaving early tomorrow for Detroit. I am Mike form Indiana and you can't miss me with my black #3 Hat. Hope to see you all there at 1.
Mike Car54

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
OK ... time for one of the techies up there to rig a webcam and wireless internet to their laptop and give us a live webcast on Friday.

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Thanks for the pics Salamander, gives us back home a visual :thumbs:

1 - 20 of 49 Posts