Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Who's going to NASSM2013 via Highway 191 in eastern Arizona? I'm thinking that there might be a group from Texas and other points east of Arizona who may be planning a caravan to Flagstaff via the twisties of Arizona Hwy 191.

Even though I live in southern California, I'm thinking about heading out the I-10 then up to Safford, AZ then up 191. But I don't want to do it alone. I'm wondering that if I decide to do this that i might join up with the caravan.

If you plan to take 191 to Flagstaff, let me know. Let's talk.

·
Registered
556 Posts
We're with SolNut on Tuesday out of Silver City. Here's our Nationals plan as of now:

June 15, Saturday Launch from Sachse
Saturday: Roswell, Hampton Inn. Dinner: Big D's Downtown Dive Bruce, really good burgers...... Drool
Sunday: Silver City, Gila House B&B. Gila Monster Hwy 152 Dinner: Jalisco Cafe
Monday: Silver City, Gila House B&B Gila Cliff Dwellings Hwy 15 Dinner: Buckhorn Saloon and Opera House
Tuesday: Show Low, KC Motel, Hwy 191 Devils Backbone Dinner: TBD
Wednesday: Breakfast: Show Low Breakfast Flagstaff Natls, Radisson Woodlands Hwy 60, Mormon Lake Dinner: Salsa Brava
Thursday: Hwy 89A down and back, Dinner? Sedona sunset?
Friday: Big Ditch?, Dinner ? Snow Bowl Starlight Drive
Saturday: ??
Sunday: Amarillo, Fairfield Inn Airport
Monday: Back home to Sachse

·
Registered
731 Posts
I will be leaving Tuesday morning via I20 to 176 and stoping overnight in cloudcroft NM. Then leaving the next day to Flagstaff.

·
Premium Member
1,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
We're with SolNut on Tuesday out of Silver City. Here's our Nationals plan as of now:

Monday: Silver City, Gila House B&B Gila Cliff Dwellings Hwy 15 Dinner: Buckhorn Saloon and Opera House
Tuesday: Show Low, KC Motel, Hwy 191 Devils Backbone Dinner: TBD
Wednesday: Breakfast: Show Low Breakfast Flagstaff Natls, Radisson
Where are you picking up the 191? i.e. Hwy 180 direct from Silver City to 191 then on to Show Low? Or Hwy 180 to 78 to pick up the 191 several miles south of Clifton? (More twisties this way.)

·
Premium Member
1,338 Posts
I'm thinking the same as Carpe. Need to stop in Bisbee around the 15th for a couple of days then North to the Natl's via Rte 666:)

·
Registered
556 Posts
We are taking the 'Bold' route on Tuesday. Silver City, NM to Show Low, AZ - Google Maps

Wednesdays should be a good one too. Show Low, AZ to Radisson Woodlands Hotel Flagstaff - Google Maps

More plans for NASSM 2013 on the Rodeo. :thumbs:
SolNut has Google map link-itis! I suffer from that on occasion, too. In fact, his link might be one of my errors from the dash forum!

This one should be right. We always take the Hwy 78 option out of Silver City to 191.
Silver City, NM to Show Low, AZ - Google Maps

·
Premium Member
1,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm thinking that if I can pull it off, I would arrive and stay in Safford, AZ Monday night. It's about 35 miles from the junction of 78 and 191. I'd have an early breakfast Tuesday morning and meet up with the Sol group coming from Silver City (and probably Capt. Kludge) either at the junction or somewhere in Clifton, AZ. Would that work for you jrdallas and SolNut? Do you know if anyone else is planning to go to NASSM via 191?

·
Premium Member
3,263 Posts
There is a group on Wednesday leaving from Lordsburg, folks are listed on the NASSM Web Site.

We had 4, then 1 sold his car. :brentil: so right now only 3 confirmed that have reservations in Silver City and Show Low.

We plan a Bio-Break in Clifton at the Train Station.....:thumbs: So that would be a good meeting up place for ya.

And we will probably be on Radio Ch. 7 :lol:

Steve

·
Registered
556 Posts
There is a group on Wednesday leaving from Lordsburg, folks are listed on the NASSM Web Site.

We had 4, then 1 sold his car. :brentil: so right now only 3 confirmed that have reservations in Silver City and Show Low.

We plan a Bio-Break in Clifton at the Train Station.....:thumbs: So that would be a good meeting up place for ya.

And we will probably be on Radio Ch. 7 :lol:

Steve
:agree: The more the merrier! Figure we'll hit Clifton about 10:30 or so based on our 9:00 AM departure from Silver City. We'll confirm as we get closer to make sure and hook up at the Train Station, trade cell phones, etc.

·
Premium Member
3,263 Posts
If you happen to have Room Reservations @ KC Motel in Show Low for Tuesday night, you're in luck. :thumbs: We are staying there too! :party:

·
Premium Member
638 Posts
My buddy and I are leaving the Far East in " Marylandon " the 16th or early 17th , not sure what route we are going with yet.

·
Premium Member
1,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
If you happen to have Room Reservations @ KC Motel in Show Low for Tuesday night, you're in luck. :thumbs: We are staying there too! :party:
I just booked a room for Tuesday night, 6/18, at the KC Motel in Show Low. See you in Clifton Tuesday morning around 10:30 or so.

·
Premium Member
1,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Is anyone who is running US 666 and staying Tuesday night in Show Low interested in golfing Wednesday morning? I plan on getting a round in before heading out for Flagstaff. There are several golf courses near Show Low.

·
Premium Member
710 Posts
Is anyone who is running US 666 and staying Tuesday night in Show Low interested in golfing Wednesday morning? I plan on getting a round in before heading out for Flagstaff. There are several golf courses near Show Low.
I can't help wondering where you're going to put a set of clubs in a Kappa. I'll be in the group, but I'm not a golfer.

·
Premium Member
2,130 Posts
I'll be in the group but not golfing. Will be seeing many new roads and scenery. Our group should be getting into Flagstaff at a decent time and will be ready for cleanup and downtime.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts